Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to check out sbn earlier this week and it was gone what happened?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it's been a while since i checked the site and it was gone, i heard on cycleworld the guy who owned it shut it down.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Naw dude..... SBN wasn't owned by cycle world. SBN was owned by Fred. It was hosted by TrickTape's hoster (I don't remember if Rez said who that was).

Anyway..... for some reason (two sides to the story) Fred and Trick Tapes Boss' had a falling out.... so SBN was removed from that server. People think that it's a Fred vs Rez thing.... but from reading both accounts, it's Fred vs a business, just one that Rez is a part of. It got ugly for a week or so.

So that's the skinny. Welcome to Cycle Forums :twofinger

·
Registered
669 Posts
JumpmasterRT said:
Naw dude..... SBN wasn't owned by cycle world. SBN was owned by Fred.
Jump.......he didn't mean that it was owned by Cycle World....he meant that he heard while he was on Cycle World, that the owner of SBN, shut down the site, not like a hacked site or any other type of issue.

Basically he is right, but the reasons are not that important any longer, it's gone.

Anthony

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, and the welcome, right back atcha :redflip .

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
I noticed it was up this morning when I got an email notifying me of an post to a subscribed thread. I poked around a bit, but screw Fred and SB.N. The only way I'd be a patron to that site again is if Fred was 100% out of the picture. So long his name comes up when I WHOIS the domain, I won't be going there.

Besides, this place is WAY better than SB.N. This is mosdef my new home. :D

·
Dark Lord
2,071 Posts
Streetracer said:
It's back up and running now...
Yes, but I doubt anyone really cares if SBN is up or down.

Between this new site and .ws, everyone has basically everything they want/need and more...

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Yea a lot of people left some posts that said how they feel, there are no Moderators in there at all, I am glad it is up though, I was able to get my avitar :D That was all I wanted, I am happy here now...if only I could bring my post count with me too

Peace Out

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
a gave that jackass Fred 100 bucks.
then he shuts site down, then up, then down, now it is back up, but w/o avatars.

FRED CAN GARGLE MY BALLS. fuck SBN

it is run by a schizophrenic

and I know the thread will be deleted because we don't want any Fred bashing in here, but I have been scrambling to post up race information on other sites due to the lack of SBN where we had a good information and tech pool for the bikes we race....

sorry...Fred is a tad to mental and cannot be relied upon

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts
give him a break

guys we gotta remember that sbn was great while it lasted!! fred made a mistake by pulling the plug like that, but he must have had his reasons!! i respect the guy, but i'm not going back because SBN became a habit and he just pulled it from under our feet, i'm sick of going all around these motorcycle sites, i'm chill'n rite here at cycleforums, this is a good place to waste my day at work and stare at teh computer..this is officialy my new biker site!:ar15

·
Registered
316 Posts
He posted som

Still up as far as I am concerned. Could you mean SBW for Robert stated (almost a week in advance) it would be down for the week-end while he upgraded it?

·
2,016 Posts
Re: give him a break

RUFF_RYDA307 said:
guys we gotta remember that sbn was great while it lasted!! fred made a mistake by pulling the plug like that, but he must have had his reasons!! i respect the guy, but i'm not going back because SBN became a habit and he just pulled it from under our feet, i'm sick of going all around these motorcycle sites, i'm chill'n rite here at cycleforums, this is a good place to waste my day at work and stare at teh computer..this is officialy my new biker site!:ar15
Good points...I don't remember anyone complaining while the site was up...I also didn't here anyone complain about how the site was FREE ...

I think all sites offer something positive and this site is no different...Which is why I choose to browse here...

We all gained something from SBN...Whether it be knowedge on bikes or where to hang out, or which bike to buy, etc, etc, etc...

Ironic to hear people bash something that was free...

I'll keep posting on all the boards because they're all pretty friggin cool and have some cool members...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.