Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first "bike" was a scooter, in fact, I still have it, and I ride it almost 3-4 times a week. It's best for college campus roaming!

And anyone who says scooters are not fun, hasn't ridden one yet. :laughing

So c'mon my fellow scooter-riders! Show your scooter love!

"We're bad to the bone, we're bad to the bone!"

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Suzie-Q....that is a beautiful scooter (love the colours!) I regularily DROOL over scooters in my TWO magazine...I would love to buy one!
Here is one in particular that is very cool!

http://www.piaggio-center.co.uk/bike.phtml?ID=30

Hope the link works.
Ginny

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I've got a Yamaha Zuma with over 13k on it. I'ts not pretty but it has been very durable....even when I'm motocrossing it.

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Riceaholic said:
I've got a Yamaha Zuma with over 13k on it. I'ts not pretty but it has been very durable....even when I'm motocrossing it.
I like those too.

The one I dig is the ItalJet Dragster.... I am so thinking abount having one shipped to me and grey marketing it...)

I think it would be cool just to have (Actually for the GF to pimp.)

I have a feeling the scooter secene is going to get larger here in the USA.....

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Thier is a scooter gang here in Pittsburgh.They are a weird bunch with leather jackets and stuff glued to thier scoots,mostly "goth" chicks.This pack aren't your average "vespa" riders.They scared me,they scared alot of us at a bike night.
I like the yamaha scooters and will have one someday.I am buying a z-50 clone for my son and plan to keep it streetlegal

·
Registered
1 Posts
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi scooter guys and gals

Your one cool looking babe Suzie-Q. The scooter ain't too bad looking either.

Check out this link to my motor:

http://www.piaggiousa.com/pscooters/x9.cfm#

Used to ride an R1 and a CBR600F but decided it's time to slow things down. Take time to smell the flowers as some would say.
At any rate this scooter can do 120kmph all day and it's capable of higher speeds. 164kmph is the max I have done allowing for speedo error.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
That girl owns that scooter in the photo, and a 1989 Honda VTR 250, AND a 2002 Yamaha YZF600R... and she refuses to give up the scooter! I figured that once she got "comfortable" on the 600, she'd be bored with the scooter... No sirree! She loves the thing! Rides it almost every day.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Rezin said:
I like those too.

The one I dig is the ItalJet Dragster.... I am so thinking abount having one shipped to me and grey marketing it...)

I think it would be cool just to have (Actually for the GF to pimp.)

I have a feeling the scooter secene is going to get larger here in the USA.....
Rez, Dragsters are sold in the USA, you do not need to Grey one, just GET ONE !

·
Registered
511 Posts
I know if i see more women like Suzie on scooters ill be at my honda dealer looking at a Silverwing ;)

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Not a scooter but a Honda Hobbit, it's a go ped, it's pretty cool, great for track days
I am going to build a scooter (well it will resemble one) from an old ninja 250 and a beat up old scooter frame

Peace Out

·
Moderator,
4,026 Posts
I've been looking at a Metro myself. I can't get anyone to tell me that actual differences between the Metro and the Metro II other than that crap that Honda puts everywhere.

That "info" still doesn't tell me the differences.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The metro II is a moped, limited to 15 MPH and you don't need a motorcycle endorsement. Other than that, they are the same.:D

·
Moderator,
4,026 Posts
Suzie-Q said:
The metro II is a moped, limited to 15 MPH and you don't need a motorcycle endorsement. Other than that, they are the same.:D
15? Really... hmmm, I thought the limit was 25. Odd... oh well, I reckon you should know. ;)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I think you're right. :confused

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Suzie-Q said:
Oh, I think you're right. :confused
That's right, Sue. The Metro II is regulator-inhibited at 25 mph.

Can I ride your YZF... please???

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
35 - 40mph

AaUuuuGaa! said:
Can I ride your YZF... please???
Sure, You take my YZF for a spin, I'll take your Speed Triple out for a while. . . deal?:cool

·
currently enjoying Mansun
3,148 Posts
My second motorized 'bike' (after my 50cc dirt bike) was a Yamaha Riva 180 scooter. I lowsided it! I was going about 55 (its top speed).

I see those Honda Mets all over! There are FIVE of them parked in a row every time I'm on the university campus.

Recently I downloaded a video of a guy doing nice long wheelies on a Honda Spree.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts