Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever shipped their bike before. When I and my brother head to college next year, we will be taking our (future) bikes down with us. I don't think that either of us wants to ride the 1000 mile trip, tho.

So bascially, it's either buy a trailer or ship, so I wanted to see if you guys had some opinions/infomation about those two options. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
www.forwardair.com

riding would be more fun, cheaper. buying a 4x8 trailer would also be even cheaper than shipping more than liekly. my buddy just got a 4x8 folding trailer for $235 new, way cheaper than shipping any bike ;)

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Thats a pretty good deal on a trailer, however, I had a bike shipped to me and it was around 350-400$..obviously if you had a car with a hitch, and that could safely pull a trailer (as well as the time to do it), that'd be the route to take.
ninja_steve said:
www.forwardair.com

riding would be more fun, cheaper. buying a 4x8 trailer would also be even cheaper than shipping more than liekly. my buddy just got a 4x8 folding trailer for $235 new, way cheaper than shipping any bike ;)

·
I wanna go faasssssst!!!
1,677 Posts
I would have to say trailer it, but if your in school you probably don't have a place to store it. But if you had a trailer then you could use it whenever you need it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has ever shipped their bike before. When I and my brother head to college next year, we will be taking our (future) bikes down with us. I don't think that either of us wants to ride the 1000 mile trip, tho.

So bascially, it's either buy a trailer or ship, so I wanted to see if you guys had some opinions/infomation about those two options. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hey you guys can consider these 3 shipping:-

shipbikes.com
citizenshipper.com
bikeflights.com

These 3 are great in shipping your bike. I used any of these for shipping according to needs.
Recently i used citizenshipper for shipping from new york to jersey.
When i go to canada with my bike i used bikeflights.

1.png

You can do bike shipping from any of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts