Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Should these votes count?

• All 573 uncounted and 22 rececently discovered should be counted!

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Only the 573 erroneously rejected, not the 22 rececently discovered should be counted!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Only the 22 recently found, not the 573 erroneously rejected!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • None of them should be counted!

Votes: 12 41.4%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the hoopla about the 595 uncounted votes in King County, do you think they should be counted towards the governors race?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Are these the votes that weren't completed or not signed? If so I would say no because if they are aren't smart enough to figure out how to fill out their ballots then I don't want their votes to count.

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 573 were the ones that the election people didn't accept because they didn't have a signature on file.

The 22 were the ones found at the bottom of the election machines.

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
I say yes if they can confirm the votes...

·
Moderator,
8,310 Posts
HELL YES. Every vote counts.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Agreed, they need to check those signatures with the ones on file with the paper voter registration cards, and if they still don't match up then toss them out.

There is also the arguement that these people were notified of the fact that they didn't have updated records and their vote may not be counted. If they then chose to ignore that letter and their vote didn't get counted, then I say they don't deserve to have their vote counted. My opinion stays the same wether they voted for Gregoire or Rossi.

As far as the 22 votes goes, they should be counted only if you can verify that they are valid. If it is detirmined that they didn't vote more than once, and that the signatures match with a registered voter then sure, count it.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
If the votes are for Rossi, they should be counted. If the votes are for Gregoire, they should be discarded. :redflip

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
oldskooler said:
Agreed, they need to check those signatures with the ones on file with the paper voter registration cards, and if they still don't match up then toss them out.

There is also the arguement that these people were notified of the fact that they didn't have updated records and their vote may not be counted. If they then chose to ignore that letter and their vote didn't get counted, then I say they don't deserve to have their vote counted. My opinion stays the same wether they voted for Gregoire or Rossi.

As far as the 22 votes goes, they should be counted only if you can verify that they are valid. If it is detirmined that they didn't vote more than once, and that the signatures match with a registered voter then sure, count it.
What he said :).

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My votes worth 7c. The 573 should be, agree with oldskool on the other 22 as long as they are valid.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Holy shit!!! Not one but TWO people actually agreed with something I had to say for a change!!! Damn, gonna go put a gold star on the freakin' calendar for today!!! :crackup :crackup

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
oldskooler said:
Holy shit!!! Not one but TWO people actually agreed with something I had to say for a change!!! Damn, gonna go put a gold star on the freakin' calendar for today!!! :crackup :crackup
What is scary is i was one of those 2 :)

·
Has a Big BelowKnee
2,817 Posts
Nope!

A <i>recount</i> should <i>not</i> factor in a different number of votes between counts. It should only calculate the votes that were originally computed in the first or previous count(s)...

·
Track Whore in training
3,445 Posts
JawKnee said:
Nope!

A <i>recount</i> should <i>not</i> factor in a different number of votes between counts. It should only calculate the votes that were originally computed in the first or previous count(s)...
Amen to that, sounds very reasonable and logical in that way if you look at it, but if you start adding other sh*t in then it's more of something else.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Seriously...this is ridiculous. Just call it a fucking day! Rossi won. :rolleyes

At this rate, King County is going to have more votes then there are registered voters. :shake

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
At this rate, King County is going to have more votes then there are registered voters. :shake
Or whatever else it takes for Gregoire to win. :rolleyes :shake

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Seriously...this is ridiculous. Just call it a fucking day! Rossi won. :rolleyes

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/politics/results/2004/govrecount.html

So far the recount has found over 1,100 votes between the 2 canidates that werent counted by the previous recount. Proof that the hand count was worth the money spent. Of course theres still a couple people thatll complain that it should be over now, unless it changes then the hypocrites will ask for a new vote (ooops already happening) if the results might change.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Give it a couple more weeks and like I said...King County will have more votes than registered voters.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts