Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here used your X-Box sideways like the new playstaions are able to. I barely have room for one in my room to make everything look nice, so hopefully I'm not messing anything up here.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,140 Posts
ummm.... no, dont do it

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
you CAN do it, but your shortening the life of the hardrive...

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Don't do it with the Playstation either
It will shorten the life of the laser GREATLY
I have read many things about this and had it happen to a friend who used his less than mine

Peace Out

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm guessing the motor that moves the head of the HD would have to work harder moving the weight of the the head up and down instead of side to side. Other than that, I can't think of a reason it would be any worse for the HD

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Do you people realize how many desktop pc (both desktop and mini tower case) and servers have drives mounted both horizontal and vertical? Sounds like a bunch of :bs

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yeah, it won't affect the hard drive. I work in rooms with THOUSANDS of servers and most of the RAID 5 arrays have the drives going in sideways. Now the idea about the laser...I don't know. :shrug

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
There are 2 different drives they put in X boxes myth has it one has lower perfromance and life span other than that the only problem you will run into is the pain in the ass it will be trying to load the disc in properly without it popping out and if it moves out of place while spinning. So you could be very involved in a game of Madden, Fable, or Halo and it will stick ....time to reboot and start over ;)

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
miztress6 said:
other than that the only problem you will run into is the pain in the ass it will be trying to load the disc in properly without it popping out and if it moves out of place while spinning.
Do they have the little tab's you can flip out on each corner of the disk tray? If they do, you can set the bottom 2 to hold the disk in.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
usually it moving out of place while spinning isn't an issue since its spun from the center of the disc.

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
The-Bone said:
usually it moving out of place while spinning isn't an issue since its spun from the center of the disc.
Not when the damn thing lifts upward in the tray and slides sideways BONE HEAD :redflip

RSV I haven't seen the tabs on either one of ours I know what your talking about my PC's have em but I haven't seen them on the Xbox but I'm lazy I sit on the couch and say "Babe put the Tiger woods game in" or "Babe let's play Ghost Recon now" :laughing

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
miztress6 said:
Not when the damn thing lifts upward in the tray and slides sideways BONE HEAD :redflip

Sorry I don't have and have never owned an X-Box but my statement still stands that the CD's are spun from the center which is the reason why there is a hole. What's the excuse for you hole and does it see as much use? :redflip

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Sideways X-Box?

Wouldn't that be called a Y-Box?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.