Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to get either the Sidi Vertebra II or Strada but I'm hoping you guys can help me make up my mind. First off, I don't do any track riding, these are strictly for street use. I have been caught in the rain a few times, so I would like something that would be at least somewhat waterproof. Has anyone ridden with Verts in the rain that can attest to just how well they do in the wet? The Stradas are definitely waterproof, however they don't seem to offer quite as much protection and I've heard that the waterproof liner can cause a bit of swamp foot. I did consider the VertII Tepor, but I can't see spending an extra 50 bucks just for the liner. Any opinions or comments are appreciated.
Travis

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
I have been in a dam tropical storm in my Vertebrae's... They ARE NOT waterproof, though nothing would have been in that rain.

If you aren't huge into riding hard, the Strada will be fine.

·
Buzzard King
735 Posts
I have the Stradas

I like them. But in the heat of summer they do get hot. They've also seen several track days and served as my race boots during our first season. They've held up well. Good all around boot.

I'm about to buy a pair of Verts only because a buddy's offering them to me cheap. I'll use them on the track from now on because they have toe sliders which I've found come in handy.

I'll continue to use my Stradas on the street though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wear Strada's and love them but I've not tried the Verts. My main reasons for going with the strada's was the waterproof aspect and the fact that I can get away with wearing them off the bike and not look goofy at work. (Well...at least as far as my shoes go :rolleyes )

Other than being a bit warm, they are the most comfortable footwear I own, period. This, while offering good, if not race levels of protection.

Honestly, I ride like a grandpa, though, so the extra level of protection of the verts may be more in line with your needs.:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
oso said:
I've decided to get either the Sidi Vertebra II or Strada but I'm hoping you guys can help me make up my mind.

I am in the same boat as OSO. I can't make up my mind between the Vertebra II or the Strada. I am looking for waterproof and warm in the winter (30-40 degrees). I know this thread was started a few months back, but I was hoping some of you may have some more to add or someone new could add to it. When you say the Stradas are a bit warm, how warm? Are my feet going to sweat off in the 95 degree NC heat? I also have a problem on size. Most of my non-motorcycle boots are 13s. I don't know what size I should get. It seems like the largest size of the Stradas I have seen is a 47 and for the Vertabra IIs a 49. I may have to go with size. Are they both warm? The coldest I have ridden in is the 30 degree range. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I've been caught in some late October rain storms and cold weather on the Blue Ridge Parkway and couldn't have had a better pair of boots on than my Strada's. They didn't leak a bit and kept my toes nice and warm. They do have the new Vetebra Two Tempor that looks to be a bit of a mix of the Strada and the Vertebra. You might want to check them out here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts