Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was out at Hanging Rock with my girls today and saw a group of sportbike riders; was curious if it was any of our crew. Hwy 8 looks like a decent road to cruise on around your parts... Anyone ride that road at all?

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
what time? If there was a red tl , yellow hawk , white 900rr, and a red f3, that was us. We were on 8 at some point, I remember the sign.

I went riding with M-dblr-C (mike) because I got pounded by rain before I made it to Albermarle. an hour of rain..naa im going somewhere else. I knew Mike was riding so him and 3 others showed, 4 of us went riding.....they have a few nice roads. Its fun enough to keep you entertained! To put it somewhat close to what Mike said before I left, you dont get 20-30 miles in a row of back to back corners, but its fun.

My opinion...There are a few really fun places tucked away up there. There are alot of fast sweepers getting to them. Some of the roads are lacking any kind of lines what so ever, making it hard to judge lane position. (hard to adjust to) Also, some of the roads are rough (194ish) they test your focus to what your doing. I almost went down about midway thru the ride..(mike would have to tell you the road because I was completley lost the entire day) but I hit a pile of gravel in mid corner and it washed out both tires and shifted me over. I dont know how the bike caught its traction again...I got real lucky! The scenery was very nice, alot of clean state parks you ride thru.

But it is still alot of fun. Like I told Mike tonight and Troy earlier , since the rise season is slowing and the weather is limiting the ride. Time is changing and the days are short, ill be going up that way to ride for awhile.

PS .....I got it on video and will add it to the one I forgot to mail tonight:toothy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts