Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Prudish Wanker and official ROSSIFUMI SCUMBAG
1,061 Posts
How much is it? What all do you have to do to the bike to get it to pass inspection?

·
Track Slut
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B group...

Bike Preparation (Also know as "101 uses for duct tape")

1) All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike DOES NOT pass tech inspection, you will NOT receive a refund.
2) Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 75% of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. Slicks are allowed in 85% plus condition. We will have on site tire service at each track day, so if your tires don't pass, you will have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech.
3) All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups.
4) We recommend, but do not require removal of center stands. No bikes with center stands will be allowed in the Advanced/Racer Group due to the ground clearance issue.
5) All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.
6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter in place of coolant at all events.
7) All valve stems must have caps.
8) Wheel balance weights must be well-secured.
9) License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
10) No Fur Allowed.

Cost is 155 / day.

sportbiketracktime.com is the one we all did last year and it was awesome.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm going to take my first hit off the "track pipe" this summer sometime, probably at a STT event, probably a Putnam... Spring time is a bit busy for me, but I'd like to hit one in the summer (Probably the July 29th event)

Is there anything about the bike being spotless? (clean)

I'm cool with wiping down the fairings and stuff, but I'm NEVER going to get all the Honda chain lube off of my rear wheel, or all the shit off my swingarm! I just don't want to show up and get turned away because of something like that...

I mean, I have to clean the wheels when I mount the Powers (for the wheel weights) before the trackday anyway, but I am just curious as to how clean a bike really has to be...

Thanks,
Mike

·
I need another hit on the track pipe!
516 Posts
i don't think it matters at all

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
sky748 said:
How much is it? What all do you have to do to the bike to get it to pass inspection?
For starters you have to take it OUT of the garage. :laughing

·
Track Slut
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spotless isnt going to matter, but i would clean it before you come. It gives you a chance to a "look over" and see if anything is missing, loose, or just doesnt look like right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK, cool... thanks! I will clean it and stuff, but didn't know how crucial it was to get it out of all the gnooks and grannies and stuff...

Mike

·
a.k.a Ben
1,013 Posts
STT seemed pretty fair. They definitely inspect your bike carefully, but they don't get knit-picky.
I'll be at Putnam on 7/29 with STT

·
Tatters in the Tree House
4,796 Posts
yam01 said:
STT seemed pretty fair. They definitely inspect your bike carefully, but they don't get knit-picky.
I'll be at Putnam on 7/29 with STT
+1 that one is for sure. Not sure on other dates yet.

·
Track Slut
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
STT was pretty picky, but NESBA was even worse..... things that passed in STT didnt pass in NESBA. I failed a few NESBA's tech's...

1) Chain to tight (passed STT a month earlier and nothing had changed on my bike)
2) "loose" foot peg (wasnt loose, but wasnt as tight as it should be)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts