Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have. and yes it's easy. I'm not good at that kind of stuff but it wasn't hard at all. give me a call and I'll walk you through the pre install stuff. too much to write.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Ace did my install. Give him a shout if you have any questions.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Pete, Which radio did you get??
I have the sportster replay and did it myself. I used a mounting bracket I bought at best buy that allows you to use double sided tape. It's made by a company called Bracketron.

The suction cup mount that comes with the radio is JUNK!!!

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
pete9976 said:
Ralph,

Heather got me the Starmate Replay (ST2) but I have her permission to take it back and get the Sirius Sportster (SPTK2) when someone gets it in stock! The sportsters are very hard to find, everyone is sold out!!
:clap to heather for being a nice GF. My girl got me a TV for christmas and i suggested maybe returning it, she got all mad at me and gave me the italian guilt trip. So i had to keep the thing.

·
has left the building.
12,260 Posts
I got a Starmate replay also and love it....the sportster was a little too bulky but you can take plug into the boombox.....oh and I had circuit city hardwire it instead of using a wireless fm transmitter.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
ED_00R6 said:
:clap to heather for being a nice GF. My girl got me a TV for christmas and i suggested maybe returning it, she got all mad at me and gave me the italian guilt trip. So i had to keep the thing.
To be honest, I didn't want to buy him the Starmate but that's all they had :( I figured its best not to show up empty handed :laughing

But I am still a great girlfriend :laughing

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
guiltyspot said:

But I am still a great girlfriend :laughing
:rolleyes :whatever :redflip

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
You might as well keep the starmate... It's the same exact radio and from what I can see the display is better even though it's smaller. The sportster display washes out in the sunlight.

The dial on the sportstar is nice but I use the remote most of the time anyway...

If the starmate doesnt come with a remote then go for the sportster. Otherwise, they both have the same features, and the smaller starmate is less obtrusive...

pete9976 said:
Ralph,

Heather got me the Starmate Replay (ST2) but I have her permission to take it back and get the Sirius Sportster (SPTK2) when someone gets it in stock! The sportsters are very hard to find, everyone is sold out!!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Oh, one last thing. If your vehicle radio has a cassette player, buy one of those cassette adapters and plug it into the line out on the sirius radio. It sounds much better then the FM modulator...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I agree with Ralph about not using the FM modulator. I bought an adapter from crutchfield.com for my truck. I lost CD6 but it allows 2 RCA inputs. I use the other one for my mp3 player. here's some pics :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
here's the antenna

Attachments

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I think it was like $70 bucks. Every radio is different. My buddy got an adapter for his dodge that was only $25. First see if your radio has an auxiliary input you can plug into. if not then you may need a specific adapter from crutchfield.

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's my install with my new mounting bracket. I still have to hook up the FM modulater and I might install dedicated power. (Going to need Ace's help for that!)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts