Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who do the winter sports thing, Beech Mountain has some very nice conditions right now. We got hammered with snow over here this weekend. My neighborhood got 6 inches and a nearby city (Waynesville) got 12!. To think last Weds I was contemplating a weekend ride???? I went back to Beech Mountain today and was amazed. They got buku snow, many cars were buried completely! The runs were perfect with some nice power. It got a bit crowded a couple hours after I got there but before that there were no lift lines. Just an FYI for you Winter X Gamers.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Yeah, on my way back from JC this afternoon I thought about stopping over at Applachia for a few runs ;) :D. Boone had about 1" when I came thru there thursday night at 7:30-8:00 and it was still snowing pretty hard. Needless to say, the drive over the mtn. into Elizabethton wasn't the quickest :shake :D.

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
So what your saying is its prime golf season:redflip All the old folks that slow down the fairways are home keeping their arthritis intact:laughing Nuthin a little Jager wont warm up:nanana

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are there any website links or anything to get info and directions up there?? I was assuming I'd have to go back up north whenever I wanted to do some skiing..... :(

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
www.skibeech.com
They also have a live webcam showing the slopes and conditions too. The Sunday lift tickets aint cheap though. I was smart enough to buy a season ticket for this year at the end of last season for $199. They raised the lift rates this year to $45?48? for weekend full days. The night sessons are the bargains at $18. Its the best ski resort in NC, Sugar is nice too though.
TL I drove right by the Blue Ridge Country Club on the way there and there was sheet ice on every green and tee, talk about fast putts!
Oh by the Falco 221 North then 184 all the way up the mountain and your there.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
we're thinking about going to snowshoe mtn. around Jan 8 or so. May have to start a post on it later on :thumb

·
The MACH daddy
523 Posts
There are a bunch of us from Elizabethton headed up to Sugar Dec. 26th and 27th to rip up the slopes a little, and we are renting a chalet on Beech Mtn. Jan 23, 24 and 25. If anyone is interested in those dates you are more than welcome.

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
TLstreak said:
So what your saying is its prime golf season:redflip
Dude! I am so there with ya'! Next time I am up, I'll try to take an extra day off so we can grab Lance, and go chase the little white ball around, and drive the carts whilst drunk! That's HALF the fun! :crackup

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
Why yes it is!:D better get the bright yellow ball! hard to find a white ball in a snow drift:laughing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts