Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just talking about skitching off the side- I know the secret is to keep all your weight on the tank and just have your feet skim.. my question is, is this something you can practice in the driveway (obviously meaning the lean on the gas tank) because I have a tough time keeping my weight OFF my feet and it seems as if im putting a LOT of pressure on the handlebars..Then again, I havent tried it while the bike has been moving yet. Is this something that can only be truly practiced by trying it (unlike standing on the seat or riding with feet over the windscreen)

matt

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
3,456 Posts
couldnt tell ya, never had the balls to try sckitching, try posting this on the stunlife.com message board, bet they can help

·
Registered
16 Posts
matt matt matt what are you thimking are you crazy think about this don't let rob influance you to much I know he's kicking your a$$ stunt wise. but think about it or call when you decide to do this so if you get hurt someone will me there:draggin

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
keonimana said:
matt matt matt what are you thimking are you crazy think about this don't let rob influance you to much I know he's kicking your a$$ stunt wise. but think about it or call when you decide to do this so if you get hurt someone will me there:draggin
its not a competition dude, Rob learned very quickly and is doing great at what he does.. he also has less to worry about.

everyone wants to get better at what they do.

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
keonimana said:
:shake :shake
So yea Mr. expert, and are you the pro of them all. You've been doing it for so long you can judge others???
I'd think before you say something next time....
You may find yourself riding solo if you don't
That's not what stunting is about :shake

Peace Out

·
Registered
16 Posts
matt i'm sorry for what I said I'm just mad because bob stole my bike I let him take it for a dirve around the block and he never came back. It's been two days. I'm sorry buddy I'm just mad & fusterated. I didn't think you were going to take it in a bad way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i am trying to get used to the same thing

what i am doing is besides trying on my bike,
while you buddy is riding his (with your bike parked!)
grab ahold his seat and hold on and skitch or ski off the
back of theirs, to get the feeling

my buddies are doing the skiing on both sides and
i think they call it a the "jedi" where the jump from
both sides back and forth and back in forth,
or the just hold on with their
stomach and no hands

this is a pic of "Duk" from "purebred riders"

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: i am trying to get used to the same thing

Keith of Ronin said:
what i am doing is besides trying on my bike,
while you buddy is riding his (with your bike parked!)
grab ahold his seat and hold on and skitch or ski off the
back of theirs, to get the feeling

my buddies are doing the skiing on both sides and
i think they call it a the "jedi" where the jump from
both sides back and forth and back in forth,
or the just hold on with their
stomach and no hands

this is a pic of "Duk" from "purebred riders"
thats a great idea, I didn't even think of that.. I think I've talked to you before? Egg harbor township- I used to live like 10-15 mins from there in Margate. Home of Lucy the elephant!!

-matt

·
1 Sick Individual !!
509 Posts
Nah U cant practice with out a lot of room. It just takes practice to get good at it. However its not something U can or cant do. When U step off onto the asphault U R comitted. Keep your hand able to reach the front brake. That way if U cant get back on you can slowly stop and be standing next to your bike.

Most of your weight will be on your arm pit over the tank. Sure is fun when U get it though. U need to be about 60 mph + before setting your feet down. To slow and your feet will stick and U will fall. There is my .02

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heh, I learned by just doing it..

I was riding to a friends house following him on his bike when it started to rain... just enough to get the roads wet... Well, I had been thinking about skitching latly, and wanted to try it, but didn't have the balls... Well, after watching him wheelie all night on the hwy, i decided to try it, since he wouldn't try it...

Well, I got in front of him as we turned on his street.. it gets slick as ice when wet.. was going about 40mph or so.. sat side saddle, took a deep breath.. put my left foot down on the pavement while having my right foot on the peg... then put my weight on the tank with my right arm pit.. and steped the right foot down.. it was easy...

now geting back up.. thats a WHOLE different story.. I almost wrecked when i was trying to get back on...

Personaly I like skitching to a stop, following it up with a stoppie now..

geting back on tho.. put all your weight on your tank, and place your left leg back on the peg and swing back on...

Jedi is fun, and looks GREAT though... But, I still dont feel right on the right side.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts