Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In another thread some people were saying the skyway is not worth riding....cause of the high speeds you gotta ride to really have fun and the cops and the fact of flying head first off a mountian if you fudge up. I agree, it's dangerous at speeds but it's awesome! Even if you go slow and just enjoy the views. I promise it's worth the 20 minute ride from the Gap!

Here are some pics of a SBN trip in fall 01'

The peps...

The mountains...

The skyway! and these are only a few miles of the skyway...

View the rest of the pics HERE There are Gap pics on disk3-4.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't forget this one!
Tip: go early and during the week. These cops weren't there on the way up the mountain. :( It was a Sunday around noon.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
HA HA HA HA!!! That is to funny Boomer!! I was looking through the pics seeing who I knew as well and didn't notice the missing hand until you said something!! That is way to funny!! So Brain, where is that hand partner??

~ Tyler

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Boomer said:

*Note...where is Brian's OTHER hand?! heheheh:eek :confused :D
Its up Cathy's ass..... :laughing

NOT! :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
ßlade said:
Can't forget this one!
Tip: go early and during the week. These cops weren't there on the way up the mountain. :( It was a Sunday around noon.

Don't you have the one of "The ClayMeister" handing over his licence? :D :twofinger

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:(

You mean this one?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Re: Re: :(

TJA1 said:
ßlade said:
You mean this one?

Thats the one! Gotta love the ever so subtle "flip off" :laughing
Glad someone noticed :redflip

The skyway is my MOST favorite road there is. I absolutely love that road. And it keeps on GOING for 30 miles!!!!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I remember those set of photos!! HA HA HA!!! Great, absolutly great!!! Sucks for oyu though Clay, really and the bird is great!

~ Tyler

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
CLAY - VERY NICE BIRDIE! :rofl

Yeah - the Skyway is truly awesome & well worth puttering along only to check it out the VIEWS.
And for a first ride thru, I'd definitely cruise it - less likely to ride off the side of a mountain while gawking at the freakin' spectacular landscape!
Similar to the best views from the Blue Ridge but rolling out forever into the horizon.

Dangerous mainly for unfamiliar/newbie hi-speed riding (only one sneaky d-hill dec.-rad. guardrail'd corner that is really 'bad' & which has taken bunches of riders) and of course for pretty bad roll-the-dice LEO odds (obviously :( ).

I'm sure most of you guys know the joys of coast 'racing' down the mountain - really cool & kinda serene if you shut the motor off. (Though the speed limit can still be doubled easily! - I hear. :D)

How bad did you guys get hammered, Clay?
Was it a state or county ticket? (Not fed. like on the Foothills or B-R)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One cop was a Graham Co. the other was a Park Ranger or trooper, can't remember. Inproper lane change....Cost me 4 points & Clay 3. Not sure why they were differnent (we do live in different counties)! I would say I got the worse deal but Clay got another ticket on the Foothills Pkwy on his way home! :confused

1 - 12 of 12 Posts