Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put smirnoff ice in the freezer to cool it?

or will it freeze?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It will freeze, break the bottle and make a mess.

Why are you drinking Smirnoff Ice anyway. Just throw a few cubes of ice in a glass and add straight vodka.

SB

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SBLars said:
It will freeze, break the bottle and make a mess.

Why are you drinking Smirnoff Ice anyway. Just throw a few cubes of ice in a glass and add straight vodka.

SB
I dunno, I like the taste of this stuff...

hard liquor is a bit much for me when I just wanna relax...
I dont have muhc of a tolerance for alcohol...

·
yes it is
131 Posts
Really.

It's not Vodka, it's a flavored Malt beverage; ie. Beer and sugar.

Too much water. Do not let it freeze.

Keep a good bottle of vodka in the freezer, like 3 Olives, Van Gogh, or Rain. You will be much happier in the long run.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have a bottle of Stoli in the freezer too :D

and I seriously didnt know it would freeze like beer...
I didnt even know beer would freeze, but I was wondering about the carbonation..

I dun drink beer, it tastes funny to me

·
Raving Lunatic
2,963 Posts
You can put it in the freezer for a while, but keep an eye on it. When it sharts to get thicker, it's just right. ;)

For the record, Smirnoff Ice is a chick drink. (you knew somebody was gonna say it, right?) :redflip

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mikey said:
You can put it in the freezer for a while, but keep an eye on it. When it sharts to get thicker, it's just right. ;)

For the record, Smirnoff Ice is a chick drink. (you knew somebody was gonna say it, right?) :redflip

well..
I drink smirnoff ice..
I wear eyemake up
I got long hair

and I'll still beat the living crap outta you :redflip :laughing

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
The trick to keeping a beverage cold is in the glassware. You have to invest in a good crystal glassware set. You slightly moisten the glasses, which are of a thick crystal with thick heavy bottom construction in your freezer. The glass will now become the conductor of the chilling for the beverage.

I recommend a good Baccarat Crystal like the one below.

]
Click Image

Baccarat is from the family Taittinger, a relative of Jean Taittinger produces the glassware and various glass art works. Good quality stuff, a little price-ie but worth the cost and worth handing down to future generations.

It's all in the glassware.

Desmo

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I've left drinks in the freezer a little too long before... When I opened them they frozed from the top down due to the pressure change. Kinda cool.

~Nist

·
yes it is
131 Posts
iDesmo said:
The trick to keeping a beverage cold is in the glassware.
...Your right about the glassware being important, but take a look at Riedel glassware. Every piece is designed and handblown for the perfect drinking experience. These are simply the best glasses you can buy for your bar.

Riedel Glassware

·
Raving Lunatic
2,963 Posts
ziadel said:
well..
I drink smirnoff ice..
I wear eyemake up
I got long hair

and I'll still beat the living crap outta you :redflip :laughing
Don't be so sure. I'm a big boy, and I handle myself quite well. ;)

And... Um... why the eye makeup? :confused

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
I never seen Smirnoff Ice. What exactly is it (besides a chick drink). Why don't you just drink Bud Light. It only tastes funny for the first 6 or so, then it gets real smooth:redflip

BTW: You guys and your glassware :rolleyes :D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Well for some decent old fashioned glasses at a decent price you can't beat Mikasa. 4 glass set for 16 and change including tax.

I always buy em' for my friends as apt. warming gifts. (you make sure they have the kind of glasses you like to drink your liquor out of)

Makeup? Punk rocker?

SB

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no not a punk rocker

just me :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
uhh yeah, smirnoff ice will freeze and is a TOTAL chick drink. Not all too different from zima!

Do yourself a favor and get a nice glassware set like the others have suggested, and LEARN to appreciate a good scotch on the rock. Or if vodka is your thing, add a splash of OJ to it until you can stomach it straight on the rocks........Zima:shakelong hair:shakeeye makeup?!:shake....Good God, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN!:redflip

BTW...Use distilled water to make your ice, not tap;)

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
I put it in the freezer before we go out on the boat great boat drink! I watch it carefully and when the center is solid I pull it out of the freezer within an hour on the boat it is slushy :p But they will freeze and the caps blow off :shake

1 - 20 of 31 Posts