Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has them and what are you using. I'm sick of shoveling snow. I had enough of it. If I get my money this week I'm buying a snow blower. I don't want to sell my son to get one but I don't want a cheap one. The main option I want is a good remote chute control on it. Right now I see a Toro that looks good.

Its a Toro 726TE.
• 141 cc Toro H.O. R*Tek 2-Cycle Engine
• 26" Clearing Width
• 40' Throw Distance*
• 1,800 lbs. per minute
• 6 Forward, 2 Reverse Speeds

Its about $1299 Candian. About $999 us.
http://www.toro.com/home/snowthrowers/gastwostage_powermax/726TE.html

I would like to spend less but like I said I don't want something cheap. I would spend that much and maybe a little more if I need to. But I don't see what more it could have that would make me want to spend more.

I'm serching the net right now for more. I seen the Honda ones just now. So before anyone says get the Honda I'll let you know that I will start a crack habit before I will pay that much for a snow blower. Maybe in a few years but not right now.

BTW my driveway is wide enough to hold two cars wide in front of the house and two deep. Then I can do about 3 down the side of the house to the garage.

James

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,140 Posts
couldnt live without one here dude

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
No fucking around...

This sucker is my fathers second son. He loves this thing. Worth every penny in his eyes because he has a lot of snow to move every year and this thing does it fast and without a problem. The dealer he got it from said they sell out every year. They make tons of money...Put not on parts and labour;) All my dads friends are trading up their machines for Hondas now. The only one that was taken back was one that threw the snow too far because it was being used to close to other people's houses. He brought it back and got a smaller one and everyone's happy:D
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ModelDetail.asp?ModelName=HS1132TA

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Redrider2k2 said:
No fucking around...

This sucker is my fathers second son. He loves this thing. Worth every penny in his eyes because he has a lot of snow to move every year and this thing does it fast and without a problem. The dealer he got it from said they sell out every year. They make tons of money...Put not on parts and labour;) All my dads friends are trading up their machines for Hondas now. The only one that was taken back was one that threw the snow too far because it was being used to close to other people's houses. He brought it back and got a smaller one and everyone's happy:D
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ModelDetail.asp?ModelName=HS1132TA
Hell no. :crackup :shake That thing is $3300-3600 Canadian. I still need to find the money to buy truck and boat in the next year or two. I'm not spending $4000 with taxes for my drive way. They are nice but unless my drive way was 3 or 4 times bigger I wouldn't by that model. That reminds me of the tv ad of the guy on the ride on lawnmower. He could only move it 2 feet then he had to back it up. :laughing

James

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
Well that one might be overkill for your situation but dont rule Honda out. We tried the other options. We had one that broke down 3 times in 2 weeks. Needless to say it went back.

At my house we need this. We have a very long and wide Driveway plus my dad likes to keep a trail open to his shop/shed where he keeps the bike.

We used to get a guy with a Tractor mounted blower to open our driveway...Now this thing throws it just as, if not further than that:laughing

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Redrider2k2 said:
Well that one might be overkill for your situation but dont rule Honda out. We tried the other options. We had one that broke down 3 times in 2 weeks. Needless to say it went back.

At my house we need this. We have a very long and wide Driveway plus my dad likes to keep a trail open to his shop/shed where he keeps the bike.

We used to get a guy with a Tractor mounted blower to open our driveway...Now this thing throws it just as, if not further than that:laughing
The only reason I ruled out Honda is because of the price. The smallest one is $1600. And its smaller then the Toro.

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.