Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and what do I get? Another fucking ticket. This is the gayest one ever. I'm driving down the highway today near Leavenworth, KS (about 2 hours from home) and not doing ANYTHING wrong. Going right about the speed limit behind a caprice station wagon. A state trooper passes going the other direction and locks up his brakes and busts a u-turn. I'm thinking ok I didn't do anything wrong he must be going for someone else. nope, he's not. He hits the lights and I pull over. The reason I stop is because I have a rule that if I'm not speeding more than 20 over the limit or doing something where I am going just going to get a simple ticket (speeding, running a stop sign that kind of thing) I pull over and take the ticket. So, I definetly stop in this case because I'm obeying every law there is. Well he comes up to me and the first thing he says is "wow, I'm surprised you didn't run." I'm like what the hell is that supposed to mean I didn't do anything wrong so why would I run? He says well you have your licenseplate hidden like that so you can get away. I see it all the time, all of you put them like that so you can run and we can't get your plate number. I'm like ummm no that's just the way the fender eliminator kit is. My license plate is NOT hidden or obstructed in any way. It's simply angled upwards. That's the way the bike was when I got it. The plate is in the same place as it would be stock, just a different bracket. It's not like hidden behind my tire and shit like some people do. Anyway I wasn't rude to him even though he was a complete cock sucker (imagine that from a cop :rolleyes). He goes back to his car then comes back with a ticket for "improper display of license plate." He says that he knows I have it that way so I can run. What a fucking idiot. Oh and to top it all off the ticket he gave me isn't a fix it ticket it is a regular ticket, and it is a REQUIRED court appearance. WTF kind of shit is that? I HAVE to go to court for my fucking license plate being angled? I probably wouldn't care if it was nearby but Leavenworth is over 2 hours away. So I have to fucking drive all that way and waste a day just to go to court because this pig decides he doesn't like my license plate. I am so fucking mad right now :mad :mad :mad

oh and in case you are wondering I have updated my policy on stopping for the cops. Fuck them, I'm not stopping ever again for them. I don't care what I do wrong, i'm not pulling over any more. Only time I will stop is when I am in the town that I am from (Illinois) simply because the cops all know who I am and there aren't any other bikes like mine in town. so I leave you with this...........

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
stanger92 said:
Fuck them, I'm not stopping ever again for them...
Hope you have life insurance or some type of anti-anal intrusion device for when you die or get send to prison for felony flight.

How far upward is your plate bent? I've no idea, but if your plate isn't easily readable by the vehicle behind you, you're just begging to be handed a display of plate ticket. I got one of those in my car for having a anti-photo radar cover on mine. Didn't have to go to court for it though....

·
CF hater....
3,993 Posts
if he has teh fender eliminator kit like i do it's very visible not 90 degres to the ground but at a 65 degree? slant from the ground.

·
Registered
802 Posts
did he give a reason for why he originally pulled you over. it seems like he found an offense after he had detained you. pretty sure that's in backwards order. can they do that?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: so I fucked up and stopped for the police today.......(more than 5 lines)

quackPOT said:
How far upward is your plate bent?
The plate isn't bent, it is the way the fender eliminator bracket is. I would say it is probably a 30 degree angle. I don't have any good pics of the back of the bike but you can read it from behind just fine.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
black said:
if he has teh fender eliminator kit like i do it's very visible not 90 degres to the ground but at a 65 degree? slant from the ground.
i know it's not that much but i was probably a little lenient with the 30 degree estimate.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dover338 said:
did he give a reason for why he originally pulled you over. it seems like he found an offense after he had detained you. pretty sure that's in backwards order. can they do that?
he said that's why he pulled me over. It's amazing that he passed me going the other direction at 65 MPH with another bike right behind me and noticed that though :rolleyes

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Anyone still wondering why we get bad publicity and why some cops target us? :confused

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Do you believe in kharma? I'm pretty sure I've seen you describe your riding habits as crazy or nutty, etc. Maybe your habits are catching up to you (in a seemingly unfair manner)? The guys I know who are always riding like fruits (again, I'm sure I've seen you refer to your riding habits as similar) tend to have run-ins with the LEOs like what just happened to you.

·
Moderator,
4,026 Posts
Changing the angle of a plate in most states is illegal. WTF more do you want?

Psstt... btw, they can ticket you for aftermarket exhaust too.

Anytime I do a modification to my bike I do so knowing that some of them could at any time give an officer the chance to write me a ticket. Don't fucking bitch about it when it happens.

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
damn dude... sorry to hear about that. :(

·
Moderator,
3,129 Posts
I would put the original fender back on ride the bike to court and plead not guilty and show them your bike.. what can he do? he can say that you changed it and then you can show them that you "didn't".. There is no harm in trying that.. :shrug

Don't get mad, get even..

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
My policy is not to stop if I am out of my area. If I am stopped out of my area, it will show up on their computer and I am going back to prison. So if I am going to jail anyway, why the fuck stop?

Some of these donut snorting yahoos will pull up behind you just to see if you run and then get all pissed off when you embarrass them. FTP!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Speed_Addiction said:
Some of these donut snorting yahoos will pull up behind you just to see if you run and then get all pissed off when you embarrass them. FTP!
at least one person agrees with me here ;)

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
So lemme get this str8, he brakes in the oncoming lane to turn back to catch you only to tell you have "improper display of license plate"??? What was his MAIN reason for turning around..cause surely it wasnt just that! And if it was... I'd be coming to court with a mouthful! If that is the only thing he wrote you up for and he wasnt even behind you in the first place -- then WTH? I just dont understand that at all! :confused

How much was the ticket for?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HMan said:
Changing the angle of a plate in most states is illegal. WTF more do you want?

Psstt... btw, they can ticket you for aftermarket exhaust too.

Anytime I do a modification to my bike I do so knowing that some of them could at any time give an officer the chance to write me a ticket. Don't fucking bitch about it when it happens.
dude, seriously give me a break. If a cop writes you a ticket for something like he did me that probably means either........

A) He got beat up a lot in school, and now he's a cop to get even with all the "bullys"
B) He wanted a bike but either his mommy or fat ass wife said no.
C) He doesn't like sportbikes because he can't keep up with them when they run so he decides to stop every one of them hoping one or 2 will stop and help him increase his penis size from the short 3" he was "blessed" with
D) All of the above (the most likely answer)

·
Moderator,
4,026 Posts
stanger92 said:
dude, seriously give me a break. If a cop writes you a ticket for something like he did me that probably means either........

A) He got beat up a lot in school, and now he's a cop to get even with all the "bullys"
B) He wanted a bike but either his mommy or fat ass wife said no.
C) He doesn't like sportbikes because he can't keep up with them when they run so he decides to stop every one of them hoping one or 2 will stop and help him increase his penis size from the short 3" he was "blessed" with
D) All of the above (the most likely answer)
He's probably new and going "by the book". Everything is at an officer's discretion with the exception of major offenses.

If he is new or being "watched" then he is probably doing everything strictly by the book. BAM, illegal plate ='s nailed.

Take it like a man Stanger. Don't bitch, don't whine, just accept it. Its the risk we take as sportbike riders that like to mod our rides.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JEWELZ007 said:
So lemme get this str8, he brakes in the oncoming lane to turn back to catch you only to tell you have "improper display of license plate"??? What was his MAIN reason for turning around..cause surely it wasnt just that! And if it was... I'd be coming to court with a mouthful! If that is the only thing he wrote you up for and he wasnt even behind you in the first place -- then WTH? I just dont understand that at all! :confused

How much was the ticket for?
you understand everything perfectly. I wasn't even speeding or doing anything wrong (I was behind a family in a station wagon on a double yellow). He was going the OPPOSITE way and slammed the brakes and busted a u turn to catch me because my plate was angled. Like I said I wasn't doing anything wrong and he even said that is the only reason he stopped me. Said that "everyone" gets a ticket for that. I am surprised that there are only a couple people besides me who thinks this is ridiculous. (you and Speed_Addiction). I think that noone thinks it's BS because it was stanger who got the ticket and he has a bad attitude and rides like an idiot anyway :rolleyes. I bet if someone "responsible" came in here and told the same story I did everyone would be calling :bs real quick.

oh and I don't know how much the ticket is, he said that he doesn't know since it's a required court appearance. So I'm sure I'll get stuck paying the fine and the "court costs" too. I would be pissed about the ticket to start with, but I wouldn't be nearly as pissed if it wasn't a REQUIRED court appearnce more than 2 hours away for something so RETARDED. I would probably just pay it if it was a fine and say fuck it but nope can't do that so I'm definetly going to come up with a plan and fight it since I have to go to court anyway :shrug

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
Well I'm sorry, but I would be just as much annoyed and pissed off as you are then..cause thats just fucking ridiculous.

Theres not much I agree with you on, but this one, I do. :laughing Not so much the running from the cops.. (which I'm sure youre just really pissed off right now, so I'd be saying things I didnt mean also -- impulsiveness)

Well Tell everything like it happened in court as it did. Like what in the world was his motive for U-turning in the middle of a highway for something he would only be able to see if he was right behind you. jesus. :rolleyes

Good luck, stanger.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.