Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

So I went and got engaged!

1K views 53 replies 31 participants last post by  VIVID1 
#1 ·
Well I did it a few months ago, but I'm finally getting around to posting up the pictures! :D

Short story:

At the end of August I surprised my bride-to-be in Greece while she was vacationing there with her family. I surprised here there and a week later I took here to an island and proposed to her.

Long story:
I had been planning this since March (2003) and when I took my new job I negotiated a two week vacation at the end of the summer before I even completed my first year there. She had been layed off in April and things looked bleak for her at that time, she had a good job, she was/is the perfect employee and whammo she was let go. Anyway, as I was scheming this up, I told her to coast through the summer, look for the 'perfect' job. If the 'perfect' job didn't come along take a nice vacation, she deserved it. I had to enlist the help of her father who was wonderful throughout the whole deal and he persuaded her to go to Greece with him. She didn't really want to go b/c I was "unable" to go due to my new job. I told her to go and have a good time, because if I were in her shoes I wouldn't lose the chance to go on a month long vacation. She agree somewhat and decided to go.. Well the plan was like this. She would go to Greece with her family and then she would meet up with my family half way through her trip.

Well on the Monday that she was supposed to meet my family she found me waiting for her in Athens. Actually my family met her first while I was waiting in the wings and overheard her say that she was ready to go home and see me and the zouli (our dog). As I entered the room and those ever so-sweet words were uttered to me "What are you doing here?" . :crackup "Thanks sweetie I love you too! No really, I do" :D

She did explain to me that out of shock those words came out! ;) Sure sure you keep telling yourself that! :D So, half the plan had come to life without a problem. Now it was a matter of proposing. I decided I would wait and let her settle down from the surprise of me just being there.

We spent a lot of time with my family and I really wanted to find a romantic place where it would be just the two of us. On the following Tuesday I dragged her butt to the island of Santorini. Literally dragged her butt. We got up at 5am and caught the 630am high speed ferry to Santorini which was a 5 hour trip by boat. We arrived at the island at 1:00 pm and just keep running.. We found a nice room for the night, rented a scooter and took off for the beach.. Went to the black beach(black from the pumice) and had lunch/dinner at a tavern on the beach there. Ran our butts home on the 5 mph 50cc freaking scooter:confused At this point she still hasn't picked anything up on the proposal, even though I'm running her all over hell's half acre just so we could spend some time together. :shrug So we run back to the hotel and shower and change into something nice and head back out again for the sunset.. Mind you Santorini is famous for it's sunset and landscape. A volcano that erupted thousands of years ago it left only the partial ring of the island. The inner part of the island is sheer cliff and the outer parts are where the beaches are located. It is a VERY breath taking place. So cruise on to the famous spot to watch the sunset.

I originally wanted to sit a restaurant for dinner and so but we arrived late and there were hundreds if not a thousand people up and down the cliffs to see the sunset. So we find a little spot between some people on a wall and proceed to watch the sun set into the water. Sitting in front of me with her back to my chest I proceed to tell her how wonderful it was to be able to surprise her in Greece but I said "I lied as to why I was here". She was surprised as she typically jumps at anything that has to do with dishonesty. So she prompted me to tell her what I "lied" about. "I didn't come here only to surprise you, I can here to give you this." I reached around with my left handing hiding her ring in my now sweaty palm. "Will you marry me?" She said yes, she cried, I cried and the people behind us from the States cried.

Back to Athens we went, had a dinner with some of my family and danced and drank until 5 am Wednesday morning. I left at 7am the same day to come home to the States!

We're getting married in June of this year!:clap

See less See more
#52 ·
greco gixxer said:
Images of the "Wedding Singer" come to mind for some reason!?!? :D
Well whatever it is it'll be.......FAN-TAS-TIC!:redflip

#54 · (Edited)
greco gixxer said:
What the? Who the? Where the? Where the hello have you been? Now you have a 954?? Next you're going to tell me you're married with children and racing in MotoGP?!?! Holy smokes!?!?! I can't believe it! How the hell have you been..

Hey I'm working on getting Marcin back to the rally this year is there any chance that I can convince you to come?
I'm good. I would have loved to go this past summer, but after 9 months of unemployment and finally starting a new job, I just didn’t have the vacation time to go and after getting the second bike, didn’t have the extra $$$ to rent a trailer either. Brian and I will try and make it this year.

About the 954RR… so I have about 26,000 miles on my 02 F4i from all the touring that I do. I guess I'll keep it on the street until about 35K then it will be a dedicated track bike. This past Summer I saw this brand new 02 954 at the dealer and because it was sitting there for a year already, I got a sweet deal on it, so I got it. You can never have too many bikes, right? Oh, I won’t be have any children, I can’t afford them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.