Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/metro/dekalb/1002/10motorcyclist.html

[ The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: 10/9/02 ]

Motorcyclist run off road and shot in DeKalb

By MIKE MORRIS
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer

A motorcyclist was run off the road then shot this morning on Ponce de Leon Avenue in DeKalb County, police said.

DeKalb police responding to an accident scene shortly before 2 a.m. on Ponce de Leon at Artwood Road found Clinton Cullen, 24, of Decatur, suffering from multiple injuries, said Lt. L.J. Florea.

Florea said investigators believe Cullen was forced from the road by an unknown person, causing him to wreck his motorcycle.

The suspect then approached Cullen and shot him once in the wrist, Florea said.

Cullen was taken to a local hospital in stable condition. His injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, Florea said.

Florea said detectives do not know what prompted the attack, and have no description of the suspect.

Anyone who might have witnessed the incident is asked to call DeKalb police at 404-294-2570.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sheesh...there are some crazy folks here in the Atl. With the guy getting shot in the wrist after being run off the road makes you wonder though if he did something to provoke this. Still thats messed up.:(

·
Moderator,
11,545 Posts
It's noly a one sided stroy at this point. He could have tried to force the car of the road, Who knows what the situation was like.

Personally I could have been shot at a few times for jumping off the bike at trying to pull a cager out of his car for his stupidity.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
to bad we don't have the whole story!

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
Casket Crew said:
to bad we don't have the whole story!
And probably never will.

They guy probably did something. It may not have been cutting him off or anything like that. Maybe he didn't pay his dealer or something like that. You never know. If this was just road rage, that is one messed up cager to shoot him. :eek:

·
Registered
26,532 Posts
If the biker was shot in the wrist...it makes me wonder if the biker like shot the guy a bird or something? Ultimate revenge?? It still doesn't matter though....its just wrong that that happened. Sometimes people suck. I would love to get the entire story...but that's not likely gonna happen:(

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
this is supposed...

The car cut off the bike... the bike lane splits past... punches the mirror off, kicks the door, and flips the bird... Just as they go to open the throttle, the bike misses a shift, and the car rams the bike off the road... the car stops and the driver gets out...

As the biker's trying to get up to give the driver a shoei headbutt, the driver opens fire... the driver was backing away and only gets one shot off hitting the biker in their wrist...

The driver gets back in their car and sped off...

yep, we'll never get the whole story...

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I lived near Dekalb for a couple years. There's plenty that guy could have been involved in that has nothing to do with riding a motorcycle. Something tells me he happened to be riding and ended up paying the price for something non-related.

·
Registered
904 Posts
That real life story just gave me the all over chills.

After my usual Saturday night ride this past weekend, I had a nightmare that was VERY similar to this story. Worst part... each time I woke up and went back to sleep I kept falling back into the same dream.

·
Registered
26,532 Posts
Question for you guys???

Ok, my hubby was riding home from work on the dreaded I-95 in Pompano yesterday. Some guy in the next lane is looking right at my hubby, then proceeds to try to merge into his lane...mind you, they are right next to each other. The cager got so close, my hubby like smacked his window with his hand, then the cager gets all pissed off.WTF!?? He rolled the throttle and got out of there, but still?? WTF??

What would you guys do in that situation??

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
how much more retarded can people get?:mad

·
Registered
188 Posts
ninjakel said:
Question for you guys???

Ok, my hubby was riding home from work on the dreaded I-95 in Pompano yesterday. Some guy in the next lane is looking right at my hubby, then proceeds to try to merge into his lane...mind you, they are right next to each other. The cager got so close, my hubby like smacked his window with his hand, then the cager gets all pissed off.WTF!?? He rolled the throttle and got out of there, but still?? WTF??

Roll the throttle and get out of there.:p

·
Registered
111 Posts
ninjakel said:
Question for you guys???

Chuck a piece of sparkplug porcelain and get the heck outa dodge.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Speed up, slow down, whatever... kick a door...

either way, a bike loses in the mass tonnage argument...

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
I'm to chicken to get close enough to hit the car.... at least while moving because of the weight issue. I flip a bird and get the hell out of dodge. Course, that doesn't work well cause I have such a unique bike for this area. :shrug

1 - 20 of 36 Posts