Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Leader,
17,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of people are talking about what was given to them, so let's turn it around and share what you did for someone else...

• toys for a guy at work's kid - he's a single dad and really hurting since his wife left him
  • digital camera
  • robe
  • bread maker
  • DVDs
  • shirts
  • massage deal you put in a chair - shoulda got one for myself too!
  • backpack/purse thing that women use - i dunno what it is called :shrug
  • a few cards
  • couple books

would liked to have done more for people, but putting new tires on my Jeep really hurt and came at a pretty bad time :(

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
well since i'm unemployed.. didnt have much money to throw around this x-mas.. i built my lil bro a brand new computer in november for his Bday so i'm still in his good cgraces ;) went 50/50 for a new metlzer for dads hardley.... and bought mom a collectors edition of seabiscut.. she really loves that movie...:confused

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
mom got a pair of slippers, thats is seriously what she asked for. dad got a cd. my bro also got a cd. thats all i bought....my friends and i never expect anything from each other because we are all equally broke :p

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
I opened up a charge account at Target, and JCPenneys.

CHristian would spend the rest of his life flushing the toilet so he could stare at the rotation of the water, and at JCP online I found a globe lamp with a mini pump and black beads floating in it. When you plug it in, the pump makes the beads form a cyclone in the water, and the lamp within it changes colors from red, to yellow, to green, to blue. He's going to go insane from happiness.
I got him an RC airplane for kids twice his age, because his daddy will be hogging it up, anyhow. I mean, helping him learn how to use it. I got him a telescope. Because I love looking at the sky. He will probably not care about it, but I will use it. :laughing He got Hulk rollerblades, new gear, some matchbox cars, and a giant transformer called Unicron.

Sierra got barbie rollerblades, new gear, an easy bake oven, a new "kitchen" set that's huge, a cherry table and chairs for tea parties, Disney Karaoke, because if you heard her sing...it's sooo cute it makes me happy, almost giddy. Disney Princess doll from the "when they were young" series. Crap, I forget what else. I'm sure there was something else...

Oh for the two of them, three board games and a farting Pumba plush toy. Nothing says Christmas like a stuffed animal that farts.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Got my better half a diamond tennis bracelet and the little one cd's and gift cards so that she can buy herself what she wants.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
KitchenAid stand mixer & other small appliances
DVD's
Controler for the computer
Robe
Rechargable battery kit for the digital camera
Photo paper
Subscription to Cycle World
Some CD's
Gift certificates
Clothes

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
A new bedroom set for my parents who just bought a new home in West Palm Beach.

First month's rent for my brother who is moving here from New York next month

I threw a party for the folks who work for me and raffled off some house friendly gifts from Brandsmart

Assorted Godiva chocolate gift sets for all my girlfriends...

Cash for the valet and security guys at my condo complex...

Small gifts for several other people in my life.

And E-cards for everyone...shit I know that's bad..but I've been sick with the flu and haven't had the desire to write out all those cards this year.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Since I don't want to name names...

It went something like:

• Tennis Bracelet
  • Earings
  • Small Wine Fridge
  • Large Flower Bouquets (x 3)
  • Gift Certificates to "Vicki's" (x 2)
  • Misc. Toys-for-Tots Stuff (x 5)
  • Silly large "gratuities" for waitstaff (Too Many to Count)

The coolest gifts given are the anonymous ones that the recipients will never know from whom they came. :D

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
Re: Since I don't want to name names...

JoshuaTree said:
It went something like:

• Tennis Bracelet
  • Earings
  • Small Wine Fridge
  • Large Flower Bouquets (x 3)
  • Gift Certificates to "Vicki's" (x 2)
  • Misc. Toys-for-Tots Stuff (x 5)
  • Silly large "gratuities" for waitstaff (Too Many to Count)

The coolest gifts given are the anonymous ones that the recipients will never know from whom they came. :D
Is that what's in the box? I hadn't opened it yet....

:) j/k

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
We're pretty big on sentimental and useful things so...

dad got some Harley schwag... hat, bell thing, shirt ( I think you could go in a Harley shop and walk out with just about anything as far as my dad's concerned and motorcycles are something that dad and I bond over )

mom got a new lounge around the house shirt from Eddie Bauer and a yoga mat. The shirt is the softest damn thing I've ever seen.

sister got a new book and a micro chenille throw in red. She loves to lounge under a blanket and read. Since she just graduated from college she's got some time to read an adventurous book.

Can't say what I got Mia.

Uh... and someone else is getting a video. :redflip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.