Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would use atleast a NGK B9EGV or B9EG or B9EV and NGK claims that there gaps should be good from the factory. thats their claim on the web site and i dont bother to mess with mine. Others may suggest otherwise. But to each his own.
Mike

·
Registered
366 Posts
the ix's (iridium) are not worth the cost, all i noticed when i tried them is that the bike wanted a small gap,(think it ended up being .012) have no clue why,
i prefer to put a new plug in every time i go to the track (yes i know you can go alot longer on a plug), so picking up 4 packs of br9egs is much more economical then the ix's
thats just me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that plug (br9egs) a thin electrode type..On my supra I use a Denso(ik24) and it makes a big difference.
I though these bikes had a really weak ignition system so by using a thin electrode spark plug you can help the spark....Doug....

·
Registered
379 Posts
yes it has the thin wire electrode. i had problems with the iridiun on my bike but ive seen others use them with no issues. like bill said it probably wanted a smaller gap. but every time i use one of the 3 i mentioned i have no probs at all with leaving the gap alone. plus they are cheaper alot cheaper compared to the iridium.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.