Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all just thought i would carry this thread over here. Here is the information to get to my server.

RSEFFCO

ftp: rseffco.myip.org
port: 21
login/password: mc/mc

OMZIG

ftp: omzig.kicks-ass.net
port: 21
login/password: mc/mc

**new**

LINP

check out his thread here

if you have the ability to share some of your bandwidth with those less fortunate, please do. Secondly, if instead of putting more links down below. just PM me or email me and ill take them on here. Im also working on putting together one main webpage that will have all the direct links by actual race information (date/location/etc) but that is a little bit off. I will post that page here when we get everything up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Where these all the videos that I downloaded from "that other site"?

You had like a race folder and some other stuff in there?:confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
rseffco said:
hey all just thought i would carry this thread over here. Here is the information to get to my server.

RSEFFCO

ftp: rseffco.myip.org
port: 21
login/password: mc/mc

This one failed.:creep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my server is up and running and so is Omzig's (both as of 10 sec ago). i have 3 people connected to mine right now too so im sure its not my server. if ya wanna PM me with what it says when you try and connect i can certainly help ya out.

yes Techy, these are the same videos that Slug had up on "the other site". Hopefully we will get a few new ones here soon too.

edit: if it is saying "too many users under this name" that means that all 3 of the mc/mc logins on my account are used up right now (a man only has so much bandwidth ya know :) ). however if anyone is a "regular" and would like me to create a unique account for you, PM me with your most creative reason why you should get one and ill create one for you (examined on a case by case basis of course)

btw...im working on getting a couple other places to run the videos from, so hold tight and i might have some faster sites here in the near future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Is it the same stuff on both of them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes...however he is missing a couple videos i believe. i have all the ones that Slug release so far (that i know of at least)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
If a CF member did this...

F off...

If it wasn't any of you, enjoy...

Here's what I'm referring to:
"copyright complaint

Dear Road Runner user:

Road Runner has received a complaint charging that your computer is offering for download one or more unauthorized copies of one or more games/movies
products protected by copyright. material you posted potentially infringes another individual's copyright. The complaint alleges that you posted copyrighted material either via newsgroup post or another form of pier to pier file sharing program(ex, MIRC, Napster,Grokster,etc).

The posting of material that infringes another individual's copyright is a violation on the Road Runner Subscription Agreement.

Road Runner requests that you immediately remove or disable access to the Infringing Copyright Material. If no action is taken, and we receive another complaint, your account will be suspended."

I will not stop distributing the races, however I will stop distributing some "other" stuff I had been. If I get another complaint, I will complain and of course claim that I don't know jack sh!t about comps...hopefully this "complaint" was from the serving of the "other" stuff... Just making sure you all know that this stuff isn't riskless...

Omzig10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,550 Posts
Re: If a CF member did this...

Omzig10 said:
F off...

If it wasn't any of you, enjoy...

Here's what I'm referring to:
"copyright complaint

Dear Road Runner user:

Road Runner has received a complaint charging that your computer is offering for download one or more unauthorized copies of one or more games/movies
products protected by copyright. material you posted potentially infringes another individual's copyright. The complaint alleges that you posted copyrighted material either via newsgroup post or another form of pier to pier file sharing program(ex, MIRC, Napster,Grokster,etc).

The posting of material that infringes another individual's copyright is a violation on the Road Runner Subscription Agreement.

Road Runner requests that you immediately remove or disable access to the Infringing Copyright Material. If no action is taken, and we receive another complaint, your account will be suspended."

I will not stop distributing the races, however I will stop distributing some "other" stuff I had been. If I get another complaint, I will complain and of course claim that I don't know jack sh!t about comps...hopefully this "complaint" was from the serving of the "other" stuff... Just making sure you all know that this stuff isn't riskless...

Omzig10
I say change the password and offer it only to people who you deem worthy :) Sux though that people would actually do that :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
definitely sucks. Hell, if a powers-that-be type wants me to remove the videos i would certainly do it (that being Speed Channel personnel) I am just doing this as a service to the dedicated fans that would watch Speed if they had it. its not like we are making any money off this, just trying to help others out. They aren't really "selling" these videos any how.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,527 Posts
Damn Omzig that sucks. :(

Thanks for keeping yours up Rseffco. :D

You guys might want to try just changing your FTP port to something non-standard. Might be enough to keep the hounds at bay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
I'm pretty sure...

that the hounds will be at bay now...my ftp is still up for people who'd like to download, but I've stopped using MIRC. If I get another complaint, I'll ask them to describe the "infringing" material they suspect I'm serving and if it's the videos, I'll contact speed channel myself, and tell them they should distribute them for a SMALL fee on their own servers, OR let us continue to do what we're doing (maybe with the commercials or something?). Happy leeching, and I'll keep ya'll in the know.

Same port too...I'm not going to bow to them until they give me more of a reason...

Omzig10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,527 Posts
:ar15

Sweet. Fight till the end!

:evilgrin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Still shovin some stuff in there, but go have a look in Techy's Folder. Not all full length vids, some funny, some not so funny. Some Motorcycle related, some not. All good though.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Techy said:
Still shovin some stuff in there, but go have a look in Techy's Folder. Not all full length vids, some funny, some not so funny. Some Motorcycle related, some not. All good though.;)
in where?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
It's all organized now...

The names of the files might not be very intuitive, but the folders accurately describe what's in them. I think the best one of all of them is only sound...the "radiocallgonewrong.mp3" or something like that...You have to listen to the WHOLE thing...:) I bet that ruined that marriage...hehe

Omzig10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Re: It's all organized now...

Omzig10 said:
The names of the files might not be very intuitive, but the folders accurately describe what's in them. I think the best one of all of them is only sound...the "radiocallgonewrong.mp3" or something like that...You have to listen to the WHOLE thing...:) I bet that ruined that marriage...hehe

Omzig10
Dude I promise to bring in some full length stuff after the weekend... Thats just all my office stuff.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top