1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
:thumb

·
Registered
932 Posts
As a new resident in the area, mucho thanks!

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
This is funny, Do you think they have some 21 jumpstreet kids driving them too?

{ Jurisdiction (city, county, etc.): Everett, Washington (state)
Speed Trap Location: all
Nearest Reference Point: n/a
GPS Coordinates: n/a
Time of Day: Late night
Level of Enforcement: High
Type of Enforcement: Unknown
Date: 4/2002
two suped up honda preludes are owned by the police department body kits exhasts and the whole package, they will challenge you to a game of drag.. perhaps reving
Click here to view the 6 comments about this speedtrap.
Agree/Disagree? Add your comment. }

·
Or is it?
8,379 Posts
urisdiction (city, county, etc.): Seattle, Washington (state)
Speed Trap Location: 15th Ave Ne right off northgate way
Time of Day: Mid-day
Level of Enforcement: Some
Type of Enforcement: Radar
Date: 5/2002
Heading south on 15th ave Ne. From Northgate way till about the top of the hill. The bridge is where you need to watch out for. Moto patrol and cruiser both in location of this bridge.

This is mine from last year...they do this one during the summer months.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
rzbanshee said:
This is funny, Do you think they have some 21 jumpstreet kids driving them too?

{ Jurisdiction (city, county, etc.): Everett, Washington (state)
Speed Trap Location: all
Time of Day: Late night
Level of Enforcement: High
Type of Enforcement: Unknown
Date: 4/2002
two suped up honda preludes are owned by the police department body kits exhasts and the whole package, they will challenge you to a game of drag.. perhaps reving
Click here to view the 6 comments about this speedtrap.
Agree/Disagree? Add your comment. }
Entrapment.

- Matt

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes and no, know one forced you to race. its like the whole hooker thing, they intice you and see if you bite. If ya don't bite then its not a prob if ya do then your screwed.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
imagine32000 said:
Entrapment.

- Matt
Why is it when the cops give someone the opportunity to do something stupid, and they bite, people think it's entrapment? Is leaving a bait car (or bike) entrapment? hell no!

People should start taking responsibility for their own actions. Or, at least, be mature enough to only race people you know!

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
boswalt said:
Why is it when the cops give someone the opportunity to do something stupid, and they bite, people think it's entrapment? Is leaving a bait car (or bike) entrapment? hell no!
en·trap ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-trp)
tr.v. en·trapped, en·trap·ping, en·traps
To catch in or as if in a trap.

To lure into performing a previously or otherwise uncontemplated illegal act.

So if a cop is in some hopped up Honda and revs his engine or whatever and intices someone into a race, how is that NOT entrapment? :confused

It IS entrapment, and it's bullshit.

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GixxerPete said:

So if a cop is in some hopped up Honda and revs his engine or whatever and intices someone into a race, how is that NOT entrapment? :confused

Same can be said with the hooker stings or drug selling/buying stings. If you are stupid enough to do it in the first place with someone you don't know then you are stupid enough to get caught. Like boswalt said if ya do it with friends the chances of getting caught go down but ya do it with strangers ya never know who it really is and the laws seem to work against the stupid people out there.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
GixxerPete said:

Luckily, whatever dictionary you pulled that out of has nothing to do with washington state law. Go back to the books Perry Mason.

The crime has to originate in the mind of the officer. Providing the opportunity to commit a crime does not constitute that. If it did, we couldn't put out bait cars for crooks to steal or do prostitute stings.

Basically, if I went up to some 16 year old kid with no criminal record, told him the back door of Cycle Barn would be unlocked next wednesday night and offered to pay him $2000 for the black CBR600RR then arrested him when he brought it to me....you might have a case. Revving your engine? Not much chance.

What's bullshit is little pricks out there thinking they are Fast and Furious and killing people. It's all in the RCW and case law. Feel free to look it up.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Here's what the RCW says about "entrap"

It is a class 1 civil infraction for any person, other than the owner thereof or his authorized agent, to knowingly shoot, kill, maim, injure, molest, entrap, or detain any Antwerp Messenger or Racing Pigeon
Who knew?

I think the point Pete is arguing, and I happen to aggree with, is that the police are walking a thin line. I've gotten pulled over for simply 'reving' my car's engine...for an undercover cop to sit at a stop light and rev and lurch his Ricer in an attempt to get me to 'launch' on him is borderline.

Of course it'd be 'my' actions which held that tach at 3500, then, with a beautiful blend of clutch and gas pedal, executed a perfect launch. But to 'bait' somebody into racing? If the State will prosecute BOTH parties in a race, that implies shared guilt. IMO, the cops are soliciting a race, and it could be argued that had they NOT been there reving their engines, the person ticketed would NOT have tried to engage them.

A bait car for car theft is different. It's not like the cops put out a car with a "FREE" sign on it...they don't drive BY somebody and yell out the window "Hey! We're about to leave this car in an empty parking lot!!

:)

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Yeah, what he said! :clap

Don't get me wrong, I think street racing is dangerous and stupid, and cops are doing the right thing in trying to crack down on it, especially if people are doing it busy and/or residential areas where the chances of innocent bystanders being hurt/killed is multiplied.

But enticing someone into a race who was otherwise minding their own business still stinks in my book. I realize that may not be entrapment in the letter of the law, but I still think it sucks.

If a cop goes undercover with a souped up car to infiltrate the street racing scene and bust actual races, I've got no problem with that. But if they are the ones instigating random races, that ain't right. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Responsible people "minding their own business" wouldn't race at all. They would look at the guy revving his engine and wonder why he's got his head up his ass.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
boswalt said:

People should start taking responsibility for their own actions. Or, at least, be mature enough to only race people you know!
Why give them the opportunity?

- Matt

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
boswalt said:
Responsible people "minding their own business" wouldn't race at all. They would look at the guy revving his engine and wonder why he's got his head up his ass.
:beat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts