Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm hopeful but not optomistic. With a new coach and after they way they finished last year:(
Still hockey rulz

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hockey DOES rule! Glad to find another hockey fan here! I'm hoping Dallas does good this year - but my heart is with the Oiler's! Here's to a great hockey season.

-Shelly

PS - Been to the AA Center in Dallas yet?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AAC is a pretty place but the Reunion would just rock from the noise.:redflip
I had the chance to go to two preseason games, but I couldn't make it, my kid got to go to one:mad:
I'm sure I will make it out there this season. :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
I really want to go to a game up in Dallas this season. My brother-in-law is Ryan Smyth with the Oiler's! I just got back from 2 weeks in Calgary Canada and got to see them practice Sunday morning in the Saddledome and then went the pre-season game that night. I had a blast! Is there any other sport besided hockey? Let me think about that for a minute - NO.

-Shell

·
Slap Bet Commissioner
320 Posts
related to a hockey player? Are you single? :D Gotta get on yer good side so ya owe me a favor....;)

Seriously, the Oilers are in town the 15th....score tix and I'll give ya a place to stay and a ride to the game. ;) Standing offer for Edm games in Dallas.

Now, you'll have to deal with my giving you shit every time we BEAT the Oil....but that's another story. :laughing

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great picture of your bike!

I knew they played up there early this season but hadn't looked at the schedule yet. Coming up there from Austin definately means an overnight stay. I will keep you in mind - thanks a TON for the offer - that is too cool. You know I'll hafta wear my Oiler's jersey - will you still sit with me?

-Shell

PS - Not single AND I play for the other team. Oh well.

·
Slap Bet Commissioner
320 Posts
Ever prepared I have my schedule in front of me. :) (ok, it's stuck on my monitor....really I'm not obsessive)

Oilers are in town twice. October 15th, and NEW YEARS EVE BABY! That would be a killer game. *hint* LOL

I have no problem with the opposing teams sweaters. You just have to understrand I'm not going to stick up for you if fans give ya shit (and I will probably join in *evil grin*) After all, your talking to the guy that wore a Stars sweater (Ed Belfour no less) into the Shark Tank!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey, DX - you following all this? After all, we can't leave you out - you started the thread!

-Shell

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The Stars might by the Austin Icebats and thus use them as their primary farm team... :D

I think the deal depends on the people of Round Rock voting to spend like $38M to build 'em a new home though. :eek:

Thus concludes my knowledge of hockey.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SaxManiac said:
...After all, your talking to the guy that wore a Stars sweater (Ed Belfour no less) into the Shark Tank!
Your a brave man.
I use to race cages on the left coast and I have a lot of friends that are Sharks fans. I remember showing up at a race in Portland with my fresh Dallas Stars Stanley Cup T:D. One of my competitors even had his car painted in Sharks Teal/White/Black with a big Sharks logo on the roof:redflip

·
Registered
426 Posts
Reunion was a great place. The National Anthem has gotten alot quieter since we moved to AAC. The place is beautiful, but Reunion was packed full of serious fans every game...that and our season tickets were alot closer.

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
I might actually make the ride to Dallas to see them play the Hawks. I love hockey.

·
Moderator,
4,670 Posts
Go AVS!. It is going to be interesting watching both those teams play this year. They both went thru some changes this year. Going to try to make the next Avs-Stars games. The last one I went to back in April, I don't think the Avalanche even showed up...bastards. Nevertheless, the trainride from FT Worth to the AA arena was fun and the arena was nice. Heh, maybe this year I can get an Ice Bat jersey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts