Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stefan had a pretty rough ending for his Intermediate group at Barber today. He high sided in the middle of his third lap around this afternoon ending up with his collar bone being broken in two places, his right foot fractured in two places and a basket of pain. :(

He wants everyone to know he's ok though and was doing really well after being bumped up to Intermediate this afternoon, shaving time off his lap time. He is in the hospital now but is in good spirits in spite of it all. It's hard to know exactly what happened, but hopefully the CR will be able to give him some feedback.

As it stands now, he won't need surgery, and is on morphine and pain pills and is REALLY craving a beer. Since he won't need surgery, they've wrapped him up with a splint as well as a boot for his foot and will be using the traditional "treat and street" and will be sending him on his way in a few hours to go find a cold one.

The bike actually fared better than he did, heading off on her own into the grass and sustaining only cosmetic damage and broken frame slider. Not sure of the condition of the gear, but he slid for a while down the track, so the leather suit may be a little worse for wear.

Hang in there Stillie.....we got your back.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
If you were afraid of riding with me, you could have just put a nail in your friend's tire like Scot did! There really was no need to break your collarbone!:redflip

But seriously, very sorry to hear that man! Get well soon!!!

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Dude - grab all the ass you can in the hospital. The nurses will be pissed, but they can't hit you, cause you are all fucked up.

Heal fast dude...

Barry

·
Two Wheeled Project Collector
1,310 Posts
Sorry to hear you got your pilot's license... :eek

Get well soon Stillie...

You too little GSXR...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
So sorry to hear about your mishap. Yeah, you shoulda stayed on that damned lion! :shake

Heal quick, damnit. ;)

To a speedy recovery,

Jeny

·
Registered
982 Posts
No need to talk to the CR. I, along with some NASA scientists, have performed a thorough analysis of your mishap and come to the following conclusion:

Don't do that.

Get well soon Slim.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
1NAMLLN said:
No need to talk to the CR. I, along with some NASA scientists, have performed a thorough analysis of your mishap and come to the following conclusion:

Don't do that.

Damn! :laughing
Heal fast Stillie!

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm doing pretty well right. I'm resting comfortably, got beer pain pills and great friends who are taking care of me.

This was a fairly spectacular crash, but the gixxer survived with only cosmetic damage.

·
I did WHAT????
2,065 Posts
get better soon...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Get better Lee, er a Stillie.
:eek

Dude hope you heal up quick. You need to go on the Scot approved HO-HO diet for a little extra crash protection!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts