Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I miss my daggone stars
12,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!!!

My buddy Colin has a 94 RGV 250 STREET LEGAL one :eek: ...but he has to sell it :( His is autographed by Kevin Schwantz

Anyway I was riding along with him to VIR in august and MAN that thing was tight!

Sounds like a chainsaw on crack :laughing be he was hanging with us liter bike with EASE :confused

Of course he is alot smaller than me....a BIG GUY can't ride one I don't thing :( Else I'd have my checkbook out right now :thumb

How many of these do you see on the road? 2-stroke sportbikes or GP bikes that is?

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
I just saw an 83-84 RZ350 with a full Rickman(richman?) fairing yesterday.

Here, we got most of the good strokers until the late 80s.
we had the :
TZR250
RG250
RG500(my favorite)
RD350LC(my first bike)
RZ350
RZ500
NSR400(second fav)

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
I saw an Aprilia 250 on the road about a month ago. He had a passenger on it and it had lights and mirrors. Not sure if it was legal or not but it had the small exhaust can and was loud as hell.

Tom

·
Moderator,
8,057 Posts
Hey - I'm 6'2" 220# and _I_ can fit on one . OK , so it looked like a minimoto under my huge arse but as long as all the controls can be worked ... :D
Unfortunately , VT has really cracked down on allowing people to register their smokers from other states - too bad , they were making lots of $ from it ! I guess the Fed's finally found out and gave em a hard time :( When I relocate and am able to get some serious track time in , I'd love to get another twofiddy .

·
Registered
281 Posts
He must have it posted on the RGV site also. Seen one this morning for sale, title and lisenced. Somebody better jump on it!! Don't know what he's asking, but the EPA-DOT are cracking down on these things. By my recconing, the title and license is worth a $1000. Have a 97 of my own, or I'd be in contact.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Buddy of mine had an RGV250... Forgot what year, early to mid 90's I think.

Total BLAST to ride... The corners are SO much more fun on a GP bike.... :D

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yeap, that would be me. I just sold my street legal 94 RGV 250. Very fun bike... on the track. You had your chance at it buddy =]

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
never seen one on the street but
sounds like a chainsaw on crack
that would definately get my head to turn

·
Registered
16 Posts
My buddy has 2 of the Aluminum Framed RZV500R's
No shit? I thought the RZV500R's were only sold in the japan and only about 500 were produced. Thats my dream bike. And your buddy has two!?! If you don't mind ask him how much they cost.

I swear i will build something like this one day

·
Registered
294 Posts
You dont see many but I still want one, I was thinking of the aprillia RS 250

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Bling bing ding ding... bling bing bing ding... (wish it got more than 90 miles to the tank though)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Why on God's earth are you selling it. It's something that's not going to be able to be replaced very easy. How much $$$$, and will you take a diesel in trade? Have a couple different ones??? She'd make a nice stable mate for my 97.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
JinxedFZR said:
No shit? I thought the RZV500R's were only sold in the japan and only about 500 were produced. Thats my dream bike. And your buddy has two!?! If you don't mind ask him how much they cost.
Yep, the Aluminum ones only went to Japan, not sure how many got made. He found one on the west coast, and I'm not to sure about the other, Vt did the titles for him.
He keeps talking about selling one, But depending on what all he sold I would expect him to want between $8,000 to $10,000.
He has a set of hand made Jolly Moto pipes on the one, sounds like a gang of dirtbikes going down the road together.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drool; so how do I find one a two stroke bike anyways? Im in cali and its almost impossible to get ahold of a street legal one anyways. Im just looking for something for the track. Oh, I dont need something exotic. Any links to track bike classifieds?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts