Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Up the Irons!!!
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke with Boomer about tommorow.

Meet/starting point 8:00 am Highway 321 Hickory, McDonalds, its on the right about a mile north of I-40 for anyone who hasnt been though there.

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
it isnt looking too good for the day.......:laser looks like we might be playing a game of wet or dry

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Check your emails...sent out one last global prior to going to finish my painting....

0800 Hickory McD's
0830 Depart for Lenoir
0915 Unload at Amaco Station off of N. 321
1030 Hopefully arrive at Linville gas station

As for the weather....everyone cross their fingers, and wish us a great day...Scot....let's hear some of those RAH words!

·
6,239 Posts
Have Clay and whoever else is riding meet up at the intersection of buisness 321 & 221.........whats the name of that place where we stopped to eat?

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
Boomer said:
Check your emails...sent out one last global prior to going to finish my painting....

0800 Hickory McD's
0830 Depart for Lenoir
0915 Unload at Amaco Station off of N. 321
1030 Hopefully arrive at Linville gas station
D'oh... So much for that lazy trip up to SV :cigar, Anyone taking bets on how close we are to the schedule?

·
Up the Irons!!!
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone wants to just go straight up to SV im all for it. I may just go on up and skip 221 & 194.

·
6,239 Posts
alright now, im loaded and ready to go, dont start changing it now. im about to go to bed for my 0430 departure time to meet you all at ammaco

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Well guys, IF it R****, then I'm out. I'm still on slicks, so in rain my bike turns into a jet ski :shake

So as the plans are now, you all will be at the Linville store at 10:30? If I'm there, then great. If not, head on to SV without me. I'd say hang around till 11 if you guys get there on time. I can't take a chance of getting caught in the r***. I'd be in serious crap if it started r***ing on me!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Think I'll be taking the usuall 181 to 221 to playground route.
But Im not getting up at 6am just to meet in hickory so Ill catch yall along the way.

Should pass going opposite directions near linville.

Im guessing Id be at linville by your all's 10:30 time.

If not, dont wait on me. Cuz you're too slow and I already left. LOL

And RAH, the only water I had better see is the sweat on my balls, Or its no more virgins for you. :eek

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just checked the forecast guys. Any r*** that we run into, should be early this morning. It looks like it will be out of the area in a couple of hours. But I'm not a meteorologist (sp?) either, so......

I just went outside and it is extremely foggy up here, so you guys be careful.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
OMFG. I tried to leave but got hammered. Thunder lightning, major rain. Had to turn around 10min after leaving.
I swear, it was apocolyptic type rain!! :(

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Not that I would wish rain on you guys - but I got my girls anyway - glad its raining this weekend and stays away next weekend! oh well, a good day for football on the couch, eh?

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
lespaul85 said:
D'oh... So much for that lazy trip up to SV :cigar, Anyone taking bets on how close we are to the schedule?
Gotta say...we stayed pretty much on schedule! Even with the rain! :rolling

Sorry you guys missed out on the trip...after the rain, it just kept getting better!

·
6,239 Posts
I figured thats how it was. Once I got farther north the rain got less. We hit a few sprinkles and a couple showers on the way back, but it only left the roads damp in patches. Not wet enough to stay off the throttle. Still rode with a little caution , never knew what corner wasnt going to be dry.

Sorry I missed it, I choose a bad route. Shouldve went with my first one by going north then east. Still had a fun day and got to ride with Mike, hadnt seen him for a few months.

so when do we start planning next weekend? Ill be in TN, so weather is not an issue, ill be as close as you all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts