Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Up the Irons!!!
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAIN, Who washed their bike! We made it all the way to Shady Valley, no drops flops or cops just rain from Boone to SV. Carol at the SV store even went home to get some dry clothes for some of the riders.

The GOOD part hanging with friends, meeting new ones and seeing some we haven't seen in a while.:cigar

Rob

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Glad i didn't skip out on work I would have been whining about the friggin rain :shake the entire time :mad glad every one was ok;)

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I hit nothing but rain on the way..tried to ride thru it but after an hour, I turned and headed for kernersville and went riding in VA with m-dblr-c....see you next weekend thou, im taking the wife to TN.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hey guys, I had a hell of a time today. Rob, too bad that you had to leave early, the Bristol side of 421 dried out nicely and we got several high speed runs in. Despite the rain, today was kick ass. It was good to meet and talk to the guys(and gal) that I hadn't previously had a chance to meet. Looking forward to the next ride.

·
Registered
704 Posts
what are we doing next week:confused

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Well, I don't feel so bad about missing the ride this weekend (again!) - but I'm glad it wasn't a total wash for everyone. :D

See summa you guys (maybe) @ Hooters - & see you in a couple of weeks for Octoberfest, Scot! (I hope)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Didn't I mention rain

FRIDAY

I believe I had a bunch of people say--

wrong side of the state

what news are you watching

it won't rain where we're going

no chance

I'm not gonna say "I told you so"

Jeff

:redflip :redflip :redflip :redflip :redflip :redflip

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
Holy SH!T that was fuggin fun. I had a friggin blast. You people think it just rained all day??? Man are you mistaken. The roads were virtually free of all gravel (except that damned 194) and the roads dried up real well. You wouldn't have believed the condition of 221 on the return trip too... PERFECT.
True the ride up sucked, and I hate to say that Rob missed all the fun, but it turned out to be a blast when it dried up.

You guys who didn't brave it don't realize what you missed.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
lespaul85 said:
Holy SH!T that was fuggin fun. I had a friggin blast. You people think it just rained all day??? Man are you mistaken. The roads were virtually free of all gravel (except that damned 194) and the roads dried up real well. You wouldn't have believed the condition of 221 on the return trip too... PERFECT.
True the ride up sucked, and I hate to say that Rob missed all the fun, but it turned out to be a blast when it dried up.

You guys who didn't brave it don't realize what you missed.

There is always next weekend.

Glad everyone had a safe and fun trip.

I was testing the curves in VA ;) :D

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Sorry I didn't get out with you guys. I really wanted to finish off my tires!!!! Anyhow, there was no chance I was gonna go out and get caught in the rain. Slicks just aren't very "rain friendly" :shake

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
One word describes from 3'ish in the afternoon, all the way back to the truck -

SCHWEEEET!

Granted, we got soaked on the ride up, but it was so kewl, and perfect timing to meet up with Scott and Eric as we were leaving Linville heading up. Then, to get to SV, and to have Peggy and Carrol offer up their dry clothes...wow..what great southern hospitality! Kathie is going to get a card for them...maybe at the dinner ride, we could all sign it? Just an idea.

After the rains, we went over to the Bristol side, and tore the hell out of those twisties! Wow, what a blast! Out ran the incoming storm, and had a last minute decision to take 194, and 221 back. Am SOOOOO glad that I did, because the run back down 221 to B. Rock was AWESOME! One of the best runs I have ever had.

Got loaded back up @ the Amaco near 8'ish..had dinner in Lenoir, dropped Jason, and was home by 11. Man, what a day! My body is sore as hell, but I am craving more!

Kathie took all of the pics, and I am uploading them now. Will have them up shortly.

Rob...wish you could have stuck around brah!

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
You could say I told you so....but I can say come watch the kick ass video I took were I set it up on the front end....taped zip tied and wrapped in plastic, and still taking corners in the rain one thing about riding with Mike he will sure teach you a smooth line no matter what conditions your riding in.........and a fast line on top of that

·
Registered
123 Posts
ZREXROB said:
RAIN, Who washed their bike! We made it all the way to Shady Valley, no drops flops or cops just rain from Boone to SV. Carol at the SV store even went home to get some dry clothes for some of the riders.

The GOOD part hanging with friends, meeting new ones and seeing some we haven't seen in a while.:cigar

Rob
I had to work this past weekend, couldn't make It. Rob would you be Interested In going to suches a couple of days the weekend of the 26th, let me know.

·
Up the Irons!!!
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris, I'm doing the "Octoberfest ride" up in the NC mountains, I didnt know anything was going on at TWO. I'm going to the playground this coming weekend.

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts