Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
TRUST-N-ME
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for a ride this Sunday? No canyons, just a cruise and some lunch. the forecast is saying we may have temps in the mid 50's low 60's.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Count me in, I just went on a little recon in the SantaFe area today. It was real cold in the am, but it warmed up after noon. I violated the Bishops Lodge road and Las Campanas searching for twisties. We could just meet in Santa Fe on Sunday, Lunch sounds good. But not to early it takes a while to warm up.:evilgrin

·
Registered
466 Posts
BTW.. heads up on 84 south of TA.. there is a 7 mile section that will be under construciton till next summer.

When and what time?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i'm in....if....

as long as it is not too early....and if there is someone from albuquerque to go up to santa fe with.....or is everyone on this ride from SF?

diabloo-->

·
Registered
270 Posts
I might be able to go. Not 100% though. My brother is in town this weekend from cali, but I think I could swing a quick(ish) lunch ride.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was thinking we could meet @ the Santa Fe Brewing Co., on Cerrillos Rd., NM14 just southeast of I25 @ 11:00, Have luch then figure if we want to ride north or South.:gloom

·
Registered
34 Posts
Crap!

I can't go all the way to Santa Fe or I'd be in. I live up in the east mountains so I'd like to do something around Albukwacky or maybe up the back side of the mountain....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sniper, would you be interested in meeting in cedar crest then riding 14 up to santa fe to meet all the SF folks at 11?

·
Registered
466 Posts
NM 14 is torn up from Cerrillos north to Lone Bute. Folks at work say that it's down to one lane with a pilot card. Wish NMDOT woudl not tear up the 'good' road all at one time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Clark,

So is 14 not really do-able? Can you even get to santa fe on 14 from the south?

·
Registered
466 Posts
You can, but I'll ask at work today how that construction zone is and how long it takes to get through.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I went through there in my truck not to long ago. It's not that bad, about a 10 min. wait. It would probably be less than that on a Sun. morning. I think they're down to paving so the sections should be good. Let's get a list of who's going. I checked with SF Brewing Co. and they said they start serving @ 11:00 on Sunday.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm in. So it's just south of I25 on 14? Doesn't sound too tough to find...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, if your coming up 14 from the south you'll see a sign on the left hand side of the road just about 1/8 mile past allsops & the intersection with 599. It's off the road a little ways, two buildings. Ones the restaurant, the other is the Brewery. I did a recon after work, look's like a good place to hang out. I heard the food is pretty good too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sweet, I think I might just end up going up 25 though... depends on if anyone want to ride 14 from abq or not...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow, I rode home from a friends house tonight..... my lord I have never been so cold in my life. Took about 5 minutes for the hands to go numb (even with the $1.60 white rock mobile station gloves on under the leathers...), then the whole body was numb in 10. Brrrrrrrrrr.

51 degrees is very doable for me, a lot better than 20 something degrees I just rode in..... Just layer up!

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you want to meet me at Exit 271, we'll go down the frontage road. 10:30 ok with you guys?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts