Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
From SM-USA race day. this pic is on the warm up lap in practice. a few laps later I highsided backing it in like the guy above. unfortunately I don't have the skill of the above pic, hence the highside;)

·
Directionally Challenged
1,473 Posts
Are there still dirt sections on most tracks, or have they gone the way of the dodo and been replcaed with all pavement? I think the combo dirt and pavement is kickass, besides, it measn you actually have to have a supermotard style bike to complete the course.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes on most tracks there is a dirt section. the one at the pic above has two bern and a jump. You haven't lived until you have taken a jump on pilot race tires

·
Directionally Challenged
1,473 Posts
Kick Ass!

This style of racing just sounds so cool to me. I mean it takes all the skills you could possibly need as a rider and forces you to use them on one lap around the course. I really got to get into this. How easy is it to get started?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get a dirt bike used or new, you can find used SM on www.supertt.com or build your own, get 17" wheel if you want, they have sportsmans class if you want to run stock wheels, get some leather and other gear, do a little safety wiring. go racing
I raced with www.supermotard-usa.com in NY

I live in NJ now, I am in CT every weekend and grew up in Duxbury. My 426 SM is street legal so if you want to take it for a spin, let me know

·
Registered
281 Posts
What's nice about Supermotard Racing is you don't have to go 150 MPH to have fun. More about getting into the corner and back on to the center of the tire. Sure your gonna fall off, and not to say you ain't gonna get hurt, but chances are you'll be able to get up with just wounded pride.

·
Directionally Challenged
1,473 Posts
Are any of you aware of these series that are runin the Southeast? It looks like there's an exhibition race at Road Atlanta, but I couldn't seem to find any information on tracks in the south doing this type of stuff. Any clues?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't think there is an official series in the SE, some people are racing them at CCS and WERA events

1 - 10 of 10 Posts