Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything about Daewoo surround sound systems?
I found one at ames going out of business sale for 170....cant seem to find another at that price. i cant afford more than that. would it be a waste of money?:(

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Jason,

The biggest thing with a surround system.... make sure the reciever your getting is Dolby DIGITTAL (NOT pro-logic). Also, DTS decoding is nice to have on the receiver as well. Neither of these features are important though if your not using a DVD player, although I'd recommend buying them anyway in case of a future upgrade.

If you just want surround sound for a little extra volume, the 'package deals' may be for you. But if you really want the 'in the movie experience', then I HIGHLY discourage a 'package' system. You can buy a decent surround system for less then 800 dollars now days... again this is a far cry from 170 bux, but in most cases with sound equip....you get what you pay for. Feel free to post questions about this..... I'll try to help/steer ya in the right direction.

I seen on circuitcity's website they were selling a system for 170 with free shipping that included quite a bit of stuff. 5 speakers, a sub, and a dolby digital receiver with a dvd player built in. Here's a link to it:

http://www.circuitcity.com/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccckadcghfhkgmdcfngcfkmdffhdffh.0&upper=head.jsp&lower=frame2.jsp&left=leftdept.jsp&right=detail.jsp&oid=61576

1 - 2 of 2 Posts