Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys using the SV performance full SVS fairing on your race bikes. The fairing kit is pretty good stuff and for only $375 for the upper and lower it i a pretty good deal. I have it on mine and am having a problem with mounting Vortex clip-ons. The throttle cables are hitting.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
Hmm we have a set of sharskinz (that the M4 collectors burn through) and a set of M-tech's that are supposed to be wider but we haven't tried them...

Are you using the stock throttle assembly?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah using the stock cables and grip. The fairing is molded to match the SVS stock upper and is blended into a GSXR lower look alike. The part of the cables that comes out of the grip and then elbows is hitting the top of the fairing right below the bar when I turn to almost full lock. I am thinking about just cutting the damn fairing but for now I will just use the stock clip-ons I quess.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
Hrrm... we're using stock clip-ons...maybe that's why we haven't had any issues :confused

What fairing stay are you using? Ours is aftermarket, but not sure who made it...came on the bike.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using the stock SVS stay. The stock clip-ons don't bother me I would just prefer the ease of replacement of the vortex. I'll just use those on the Hawk:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dremel tool. works great! :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have the link. It is like $550 for the whole kit (upper, lower, tail, fender). It is pretty good stuff, it is not as thick as something like Sharkskinz but it held up well for me in my get-off.

If you buy some tell me so I can give you my name and I can get a refferal.:D

SV performance

·
Registered
775 Posts
Damn no board is spared from the referral whore :twofinger

·
Registered
110 Posts
AznSportbiker73 said:
Damn no board is spared from the referral whore :twofinger
hey!! at least it wasnt ME this time!!! :laughing

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only wish James told me he was getting that fairing. I could have got his referral.

·
Registered
110 Posts
StrickSVS said:
I only wish James told me he was getting that fairing. I could have got his referral.
Brian, you talking about James 223?? from GSB? He's getting the GP Composites. Not the same stuff you got.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dunno man, i talked to him night before last and he told me he was getting a full set including 2 uppers and the superbike tail at the GNF, all GP Composites. $800ish. GP is some KICKass race plastics. You can take the ear of the fairing, bend it all the way back till it touchs the fairing itself and it just springs back to its original place. Wish i had the $$$ for some.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts