Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you SV guys, start posting up before we get overwhelmed by the other zook brotherhood.

Mine is a 01 SVS converted to full race trim. I will get some pics later.

·
Registered
117 Posts
TrikChik,
How do you like that M4 pipe?
Is that just a slip on or the whole exhaust?
I`m lookign at doing that as my next mod.

·
Registered
432 Posts
no pics of mine yet (im lazy and i dont have a digital camera)

right now its basically a stock 01 blue SVS with a hacked fender. I am going to make some additions/subtractions from it by spring, so ill likely have a lot of questions for ya'll.

first dumb question being, first time changing my own oil on the SVS, got the oil and filter, now i need a filter wrench. will any do? or do i need to get a particular one, my local dealer didnt have any, suggested that i go to Auto Zone or the like, but im not exactly sure what im looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is a Y2K SV and, like Strick's, it's in race trim. The only pic I have right now is in my avatar. That pic was taken at NFMP in Feb of this year.

HotRod - I have a M4 full system on my SV and I love it. It sounds great and I've been told by a couple knowledgable tuners that its the best performance pipe for the SV. Tha's what I've heard anyway.

bill

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have a red 2001 SV. I've got a question for the rest of you guys....

How do you keep the header areas of the pipe looking nice and shiny? Mine is turning a nasty brown color.:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
HotRod SV said:
TrikChik,
How do you like that M4 pipe?
Is that just a slip on or the whole exhaust?
I`m lookign at doing that as my next mod.
It's a full system. I LOVE it. :thumb

·
Moderator,
4,026 Posts
Here is my 2001. I now have a GIVI rack and bag on it. If you want to see pics of THAT you can click on my webshots link down below and find the album with those pics.

·
Registered
164 Posts
here's mine. Can't see much, but all I've done to her are handlebars and fender-eliminator.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts