Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dying to see a sv1K test. I really want to see a dyno chart for that bad boy and some real weight numbers.

David

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am definitely looking foward to Motorcyclist doing a full test on the naked or SVS 1000. There have been rumors that it's TL based motor has been "tuned for torque" and midrange punch,but it supposedly has larger fuel injectors than the V-Strom. That rumor mill has it at 85 ponies. Not great, but should be upgradeable (with a powercommander, slip-ons, bigger air intake, etc.) to 105-115, I hope. :D

-cos

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Ouch. Only 85? Stock '01 TLS made 106... :(

But given that it is a TL motor by it's description and that it's going to be running an 11.3 compression ration (more than the stock TLS) I don't see how it could make so few ponies unless they've really limited the RPMs. :shrug

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rumor mill has been going nuts on this one... I don't believe its 85. Who would pay $2300 more than an SV650 for the 1000 if you only get 15 more horsies?

It's a tossup in trying to read the stats, bigger injectors but smaller valves than the TLS. Who knows what they have done to the cam profile.

My guess is right at 100RWHP but that is just a guess.

David

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
85?

AdamTLS said:
Ouch. Only 85? Stock '01 TLS made 106... :(

But given that it is a TL motor by it's description and that it's going to be running an 11.3 compression ration (more than the stock TLS) I don't see how it could make so few ponies unless they've really limited the RPMs. :shrug
I agree with adam 85 ponies sounds weak. The performance should at least be on par with the TLS. If that's all suzuki could come up with to replace the TLS shame on them.:mad

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I was talking to the Suzuki rep at the local dealership and he said that the SV's will come in the same tune as the DL1000 VStrom.

Take that for what it's worth, I've known the reps to be wrong before, had one tell me that the bike that is now known as the 919, was going to be a stripped down RC51 :rolleyes

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hondasarge said:
I was talking to the Suzuki rep at the local dealership and he said that the SV's will come in the same tune as the DL1000 VStrom.

Take that for what it's worth, I've known the reps to be wrong before, had one tell me that the bike that is now known as the 919, was going to be a stripped down RC51 :rolleyes
Well it has to be different than the DL, it has way bigger injectors so they have to have different setup. Better or worse, it is not the same as the DL

David

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts