Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else want to ride down Fri night?

I'm heading down (in the cage :( ) after I get out of work @ 5pm Friday (10/18) - anyone else interested in riding down?

I'm corner-working at least one day & planning on heading back fairly early Sun. Meeting a couple of friends with an RV who are corner-working Sat/ tracking Sun.
(My tires are smoked, I'm broke, & I decided to skip the track-day - I would have bailed, but I had already committed to c-work).

I know Pegdragger, killboy (Darryl) & some of you other NC/TN guys are going, but I forget who right now. :confused - Looking forward to seeing ya'll there!

PS: We're grilling/drinking/hanging at the track Sat night - the more the merrier!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
There are about 8 of us 421 regulars that will be there!! WOOHOOO! Gonna be a blast! You get a free day if you work one right? Why not ride Sunday?? Come on, you know you want to!!:biggrin

·
Registered
559 Posts
You guys have fun

Wish i was going with you-mighty long ride though

I'll see you at Kershaw though

you guys be safe

Jeff

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - I'd love to ride, but.... my tires are smoked & I've already spent all my toy-money for the next 2 or 3 months, the logistics of getting down there (& back up if I were to ball-up my bike) would be a bitch, and my back is a bit screwed-up right now - so I guess I'll just corner-work & be envious.
At least I won't have to deal with all the :rolleyes for showing up to a track-day on a viffer!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Dover gots to work damnit but that is not set in stone yet so count me as a definite maybe;)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
To hell with the :rolleyes: for the viffer. I remember my very first track day. There was a fella on a viffer 750 that I had a hard time fighting off!!!!!! Hell, look at Fast Freddy :D As long as ya got da suspenders, the viffer is just fine :redflip

·
Registered
123 Posts
track

Clay said:
To hell with the :rolleyes: for the viffer. I remember my very first track day. There was a fella on a viffer 750 that I had a hard time fighting off!!!!!! Hell, look at Fast Freddy :D As long as ya got da suspenders, the viffer is just fine :redflip
Last time I was at talladega there was a guy on a XR650 super motard that was all most the fastest guy In the Intermediate class. I said all most, he crashed trying to pass me on the big zrx. He was fast as shit In the corner's, pretty cool guy though. He said he gives people fits at the gap.:ar15

·
Registered
258 Posts
IM LEAVING CHARLOTTE ON FRIDAY MORNING. I BOOKED A ROOM AT THE KILLBOY HOJO. I WOULD LOVE A PARTNER TO HELP DRIVE. ALL EXPENCES PAID. JUST SHOW UP. MICHAEL
704-361-5438:p

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey DragonSlayer -
I'd be all for riding down with you (& splitting gas), but I'm not going to be able to take off 'til Fri @ 5:00. :(
See ya there, though!

·
Registered
123 Posts
DRAGONSLAYER said:
IM LEAVING CHARLOTTE ON FRIDAY MORNING. I BOOKED A ROOM AT THE KILLBOY HOJO. I WOULD LOVE A PARTNER TO HELP DRIVE. ALL EXPENCES PAID. JUST SHOW UP. MICHAEL
704-361-5438:p
I didn't know you was coming down dragonslayer, are you doing the track day or spectating. we'll be getting down there around 7:00 p.m Friday night, staying at the holiday Inn express, don't know exactly where because don booked the rooms for us. Look me up at the track sat. I'll be on my gixxer.:D

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd love to, but I have some stuff going on at work that I can't bail on - I'll give you a shout though regardless. Pah-tay Saturday night? (Or at least sit around & tell war stories!)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
160 Colonial Drive, Oxford, AL 36203
(256) 832-4041

:D Don says it's just about 5 minutes from the track. I've never been there either, but it looks to be right off I-20 exit 188.

Look for us Slayer. You'll see probably 4-5 vehicles all with bikes on trailers from TN :D (I know I'll be in my Maroon Toyota Paseo, Donald will have a black Xterra, Jason has a big Diesel Duelly type truck...dunno exactly what though. Dunno what you other guys are driving :p)

Kerry...COME ON OVER Saturday night, or Friday for that matter :D I'm sure we'll see ya plenty at the track though. Hey, what are the odds that I could give you my camcorder and let you get some good track side footage? hehe

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Clay - No problem on the footage - sounds cool to me!
(As long as the SBTT folks allow a corner-worker to shoot video, that is)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
One of the instructor types for SBTT will have his wife there shooting pics. She sells them on cd, not too expensive either, and she gets some killer shots. I will have her get lots of shots of all of our group on the track, so everyone should have a killer shot or 3!!:D She took this one at VIR, not bad eh??

·
Registered
123 Posts
track

Pegdragger said:
One of the instructor types for SBTT will have his wife there shooting pics. She sells them on cd, not too expensive either, and she gets some killer shots. I will have her get lots of shots of all of our group on the track, so everyone should have a killer shot or 3!!:D She took this one at VIR, not bad eh??
To bad you didn't tell them who was In front of you...:D Dragonslayer take some maxalerts, you'll get there In about 3 hours...drive safe though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts