Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yeah! Lets bow down to the French like the liberal pussies want!

U.S. Believed Al-Qaeda 'Infiltrated' Air France Flight
11 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. officials asked Air France to cancel several flights from Paris to the United States on Wednesday because of a "credible threat" that an al Qaeda operative had infiltrated one of them, a Department of Homeland Security official said.

The official, who asked not to be named, told Reuters that the request to Air France to cancel the flights came after U.S. officials had scoured passenger lists of the planes amid a heightened security alert.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
:wtf ! Did they find anything? Hopefully not.

·
Registered
16,960 Posts
Proves nothing....the cancellations are based on concern that there MIGHT be something. Nothing published yet saying someone was caught or so forth.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They cancelled a specific flight first.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Baby Gorilla said:
Proves nothing....the cancellations are based on concern that there MIGHT be something.
:confused So you're not concerned that they grounded 6 flights which happened to have the names of possible al queda suspects as passengers? :confused

Are you in a FOG???:coocoo

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Baby Gorilla said:
Proves nothing....the cancellations are based on concern that there MIGHT be something. Nothing published yet saying someone was caught or so forth.
Well, obviously, the terrorists are about to nuke the world and hell is freezing over.

Why? Baby G just told other people not to freak out and that there's no proof...

Wow...

·
Registered
535 Posts
have no fear......the french are on the case:laughing

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Sleil said:
Well, obviously, the terrorists are about to nuke the world and hell is freezing over.

Why? Baby G just told other people not to freak out and that there's no proof...

Wow...
Whats amazing to me is that BG wont believe something as credible as this, but yet he can conjure up the most f*cked up conspiracy theory crap you could ever dream of...

·
Registered
16,960 Posts
WHAT IS CREDIBLE?

Has ANYONE been detained for questioning? Any bombs found? Any boxcutters? Any illicit terrorist holiday fruitcakes (with extra nuts)?

BLOODY FREAKING NO!

All the media is saying is that selected flights were grounded. NOTHING has yet been produced to PROVE that there was any danger other than a claimed threat by US intelligence agencies which you MUST admit could have staged the whole claim as a psyop to instil both fear of terrorists and a positive image that they are on the job protecting us.

I'll save my kudos for when they provide physical proof that they actually found something/someone on the planes. Even then, I'd believe the finding of "terrorists" over things as it's easier to plant things. I'd think it'd be very difficult to find some middle eastern idiot to agree to indefinite incarceration in exchange for a PR stunt.

I don't believe how easily convinced some people are by mainstream media. :confused

If they want to claim there are "possible terrorists" on certain flights to make a showing that they're on the job, how hard it is to fake the claim.

Oh my! Ground those six flights! There MIGHT be terrorists on them. We have intel saying so. :rolleyes

Unless they got some people in custody, it is either a ruse for PR or we were DUPED into believing fake intel on terrorists.

Show me a story where we actually stop and arrest a terrorist, and I'll consider it believable.

Wow. Raise the terror alert level, fill the media with stories of likely 9/11 attacks during the Christmas holiday, stage a few flight groundings....ALL FOR SHOW. Impossible? No. Likely? Based on past PR stunts and fearmongering of this administration, likely. :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Baby Gorilla said:
WHAT IS CREDIBLE?

Has ANYONE been detained for questioning? Any bombs found? Any boxcutters? Any illicit terrorist holiday fruitcakes (with extra nuts)?
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

VstarVixxen said:
:confused So you're not concerned that they grounded 6 flights which happened to have the names of possible al queda suspects as passengers? :confused
Part of the reason why it was (and still is) taking the government so long to find the guys responsible for 9/11 is because for every terrorist theres like 500 other iraqi's with the same name... and a lot of them even had 5-10 alias' that they used and had legal iraqi documents that said they were that alias. Im sorry but im gonna need more than a smelly french man with a middle eastern name and a boarding pass to make me scared.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
BG, you really are pretty ignorant about intelligence gathering arent you? You think they are gonna tell YOU or ME why they did this? Possibly compromise their capabilities or sources? Have you ever worked in the intell community BG? It amazes me how you can turn anything that happens around and blame it on some big conspiracy. You are the fruitcake with extra nuts, or mayble I should say lack of nuts...

·
Let 'em Eat
1,191 Posts
Pegdragger said:
BG, you really are pretty ignorant about intelligence gathering arent you? You think they are gonna tell YOU or ME why they did this? Possibly compromise their capabilities or sources? Have you ever worked in the intell community BG? It amazes me how you can turn anything that happens around and blame it on some big conspiracy. You are the fruitcake with extra nuts, or mayble I should say lack of nuts...

OOOOoooRaaahhhhhh:thumb :thumb :thumb Yall have to remember that BG thinks that all our countrymen who died on 9/11, died for a PR stunt that bush thought up
:(

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
well, he does have a point. there were no arrests made. If there were known terrorists onboard, why weren't they arrested?:confused
I really don't think terrorists will attack on a special day, they will pick a regular day like 9/11, because on holidays/special days, security is heightened, the element of surprise is lost.
and anyone who believes everything from CNN is blind.:shake

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
karl_1052 said:
well, he does have a point. there were no arrests made. If there were known terrorists onboard, why weren't they arrested?:confused
I really don't think terrorists will attack on a special day, they will pick a regular day like 9/11, because on holidays/special days, security is heightened, the element of surprise is lost.
and anyone who believes everything from CNN is blind.:shake
You guys really, really dont understand how intelligence gathering works do you?? There were no arrests that WE know about, that does not mean there was not a credible threat. Some intell agency possibly picked up some chatter from a known terrorist source or network and that chatter may have hinted at a flight from Paris to LA on said date...so what do you do with that intell? You ground all flights from Paris to LA on said date...no arrests, because there were no names....just a theory of what may have happened, of course....but perhaps if you have a small amount of brain power you can imagine this scenario and not turn it into some crack pot conspiracy theory.

Thats all today for Intell Class 101. Please save further crackhead conspiracy theory crap for something with a bit LESS credibility.

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
It came out today that the French were asked to keep the cancellations quiet so that they could try to get the bad guys when they came to the airport. Somehow the word got out that the US intel was onto something bad happening.

If you are the bad guy and you hear that your flight is now cancelled, you typically don't go to the counter and complain about the flight being delayed - you high-tail it out of there and hope to not get caught.

And if we did detain anyone as a result, are we going to say so right away? If you are a co-conspirator and don't hear from the guy, you have to give him some time to make contact. If you all of a sudden say that you have someone, you again drive the others deeper underground.

It's a slippery slope of disclosure and effectiveness.

·
You Want Me!!!
1,852 Posts
haha these kids crack me up. This isn't cops and robbers people. Grow up!

I'm sure someone has been "arrested isn't the word i'm looking for" the word i'm looking for is "a person is about to get fucked up if they don't talk".

I come to ignore BG cause all he does is think about the most idiotic thing to spout off about just to get a rise out of people. I've since looked past his ignorance and decided if you talk with less intelligent people you yourself could become one as well.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
better make a a few passanger's pissed off, then what couldhave happened.....:shrug

1 - 20 of 31 Posts