Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I can type with two hands, I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone for their thoughts and well wishes after my crash this weekend. The positive posts and phone calls from you guys are greatly appreciated since the world is against us as a whole.

Dan, Brian, and Norma (BB’s wife) – You guys went above and beyond the call to take care of me. I can’t express what it means to me that you guys would not only pick me up from the hospital, keep my gimp ass around so I could watch Tally, and also took me home on Monday. From making sure I was comfortable to even helping me pull a shirt off, you guys were there for me and there is no way I could ever repay that. Brian said it best on Monday with “You’d do the same for us man.” Well Brian, you’re right…I’d drive you all the way from Barber to NoVA if I had to. I just hope that one day we can all get together for a track day and not have a crash. A track day with heat would also be nice. :D You guys reminded me that although this is a selfish sport that depends solely on the rider, there is a family waiting on the other side of pit-in.

Mary and Dan’s crew – Thank you for being there for me when the ambulance pulled up. I needed the extra laugh and the motivation while I was strapped to the board. Keeping that in mind helped with the 20 minute ride to UAB and the additional 45 minutes it took to be seen. I also appreciate you guys packing up my stuff and getting it to Tally for me. As far as I know, all of my stuff is accounted for minus a few sets of underwear. But I think Dan may be responsible for that.

Michelle – Thank you for the ER phone call. That made a huge difference in my morale while waiting and waiting and waiting for the next phase of treatment.

Some people have asked “Will you quit because of this wreck?” The absolute answer is “NO!” I will return to the track as soon as I am completely healed. I am now signed up for Barber with Nesba on May 20th, but I will be present for the large gathering that is coming down on March 18th and 19th. I will be there because I need it, and I will be there to support my family.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
You we're here for you Stef. You are one of us. 1000 miles away or not. For god sakes, eat a sammich.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
*sniff* That was pretty damn poignant for someone who says they are a ******* :nanana

You gave it everything, yet weren't being mindless of your approach. You went boom. You picked yourself up with the assistance of good friends. You openly reviewed the technique and you are cheerfully going back for more. That's a :thumb and so is you thanking your posse :clap

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Re: Re: Thank you,

DC_FZR said:
Don't know you but I'll look for you anyway.
Oh good, I've been waiting for a reason to bring back the Stick Figure Art....Stillie?

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
I thought Don's description would help...

Don said:
a straw with the wrapper on looks like stillie in his leathers... :eek

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sxy Rdr said:
I thought Don's description would help...
Dammit, woman, don't undermine me :D

I've been begging for more Paint art to no avail....here's my chance!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Re: Re: Thank you,

DC_FZR said:
Cool, I'll be there riding on the 20th and 21st, I group as well. Don't know you but I'll look for you anyway.
You can't miss him! Unless he turns sideways!;)

And damn man! Haven't seen you around in forever! How ya been?

·
Registered
564 Posts
No problem Stefan. Glad to see your moving around....kinda...:laughing I only wish I could have rode more. I was stuck in that no riding rut. I hadnt rode a track in 5 months and I didnt know barber on the 125. Trying to get up to speed was hard because of the cold and little confidence in the tires since I almost washed out the frontend twice. Theres always next time though.

A couple of things I learned on this trip:

You can only eat so much cracker barrel.

Yall is a word. It is I swear. Everyone says it.

Dont stay at a hotel that just says "motel" on a tarp.

Irony is going to a track with 5 other people and its raining so hard you cant ride.

Dont ever let Dan eat chili from MacAllisters Deli in Brandon Mississippi before you go on a long drive. Ever.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BB said:
Dont ever let Dan eat chili from MacAllisters Deli in Brandon Mississippi before you go on a long drive. Ever.

:crackup

I learned something too. Never leave your camera in places where your friends will find it and decide to photograph themselves on the way to the hospital.

:laughing

Attachments

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
Stillie said:

I learned something too. Never leave your camera in places where your friends will find it and decide to photograph themselves
Dude... We used to do that shit in the military all the time. Cameras were closely guarded because if you left yours laying around unprotected there'd be a good chance you'd have some twig & berries photographs when you got that shit developed.

Glad you're feeling better dude. And like I said, get that fucking rod in there if you get the option :D

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:crackup

We had that shit too Alan. I really expected to have a pic of Dan's ass on there, but was sadly disappointed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thank you,

rddy said:
You can't miss him! Unless he turns sideways!;)

And damn man! Haven't seen you around in forever! How ya been?
OK, so just look for the stickboy in black leathers with the gimpy foot and tweaked shoulder?

Hey Dave, yeah, been awhile. Been good, got a new job, new house, working down at Pax River NAS.

How you been? Saw you did a nice cross country trip.

Doing much track this year?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts