Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember the Murder cases that involved Karla Homolka and her husband Paul Bernardo. In fact you heard much more about them through legitimate media than I and other Canadians did, since there was a publication ban in both trials.

Well Homolka is coming up for release in July. She will have served her full term, so no probation. We have provisions in our Criminal Code that allow for additional controls after release, but they have to be pursued.

She has been evaluated and declared to still be a danger to society. Those of you who know the story, know why this situation supports the use of the death penalty.

Just ranting, I guess. This bitch was seen within a couple of Kilometres of my house after she'd served something like 5 years, on day passes, so it resonates with me.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The serial rapist and killer team? Yeah, I'd be upset too. Death penalty would certainly better than what they did to others.

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
I don't believe in the death penalty but Karla certainly should not be let out!

·
Mad Hawk
5,313 Posts
OMG!!!:eek :eek :eek :eek

That woman will not live long up there. Someone will take her out.....

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Lou Czar said:
OMG!!!:eek :eek :eek :eek

That woman will not live long up there. Someone will take her out.....
:laughing This IS Canada :laughing

She serves as a cautionary tale to all prosecutors out there: Make sure you know the WHOLE story before offering deals to those involved in the crime. She swore up and down that she did not participate, the Crown (same as your DA) made a deal with her to talk in order to assure Paul Bernardo was put away for life.

THEN the video tapes came out, which were held by the defenses lawyers that told the whole story, and the Crown was stuck because they already made the deal.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
She is screwed up...however without her testimony then we would not know the total truth of what happened.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Debs said:
That's just the thing, is that they would have found out, because Bernardo's first lawyer who had the video tapes ended up handing them over to the Crown; she got away with the deal.
AND the police screwed up. They had the house for months, supposedly turned it upside down, and still didn't find those tapes. They didn't have to make a deal with EITHER of them.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Papa_Complex said:
AND the police screwed up. They had the house for months, supposedly turned it upside down, and still didn't find those tapes. They didn't have to make a deal with EITHER of them.
when they murdered her sister, the cops searched the house, but never even looked at the video camera sitting in plain view on the nightstand.:rolleyes

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Not only that. It seemed like every few months after the arrest, they'd find another possible link between those two wastes of protoplasm and another missing or dea girl. Robert Baltovich was convicted of killing his girlfriend, on circumstantial evidence, and is now getting a new trial because there's apparently evidence that Bernardo was cruising her university campus around the time that she disappeared. The body was never found.

There was a complete lack of communication between the various police forces across the areas in which these two evil people perpetrated their crimes. As a result they were permitted to continue their killing spree long after they should have been caught and incarcerated.

Now she'll be getting out again.

Some people think that criminals are sick. I'm not really a religious person, but I seem to believe that something exists, that many other people don't anymore. That thing is evil and these two people aren't sick, they're the personification of evil.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
How can anyone not support the death penalty? These 'people' are nothing but a burden to society and for them to survive off tax payers money is BS. I say kill these fuckers in the cheapest manner possible than spend the saved money on schools and medical research.
Canada has some really fucking stupid people running it if they are gonna let a person like that back on the streets. I can't believe they wil let someone like that go after serving a few years in prison.
5 years and a day pass? WTF kind of shit is that? You get passes in prison now?
If I ever venture in to canada for some unknown reason and just so happen to see that cunt I'll kill her myself.
:shake

·
Have you seen Pauldun's frakking awesome post?
9,765 Posts
Jet I'm with you on the death penalty. Nothing more humane than a bullet to the base of the skull. You never even hear it.

But as much as I love a good Canada bashing (j/k), our justice system isn't any better. How 'bout OJ? Dukakis' prison sebatacles? Rampant lame-duck presidential pardons? Night Court?

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
karl_996 said:
more than 50% of Canadians support the death penalty, but the stupid govt will never enact it.
Maybe 50% of the Conservatives but I doubt it's as high as 50%.

And considering it costs more to kill someone than it does to keep them in prison for life the economics argument doesn't cut it.

Killing someone is wrong and no human has that capacity over another human. Just because it goes on all around us shouldn't make it a government sanctioned activity.

Although I'm not happy about the Karla situation, I for one AM happy about living in a country that doesn't think the death penalty is the answer to everything.

Could you really live knowing that the person *might* not have commited the crime? :shake Clearly this isn't the case with this situation but similar situations would have surely killed innocent people. David Milgaard ring a bell?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.