Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,356 Posts
Re: Re: The cure for depression

Endorphins. Chemically very simliar to opiates......so yeah, you feel better. Laughing and sex also release endorphins.

Presumably, fucking a funny looking chick while you hang from the rafters should make you feel positively amazing.

:D
Missed this one earlier :crackup

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Reasoning is a cure for depression

EvanInMD said:
Randomly threads pop up here with people asking about good ways to cure depression without drugs.
Depression, Clinical Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and considered an illness -treatable illness.

The major off-set with treating depression over the past century or more relates to how the two distinct sciences of mind and body are not studied in complete patterns complimenting a "total" well being of health [mind and matter]. In fact, the mind sciences and biological physical sciences only recently came together.

All this to write that if you suffer from depression, there's a high likelihood that it is hereditary. There is also a high likelihood that there are other factors which have come into play that are out of your control - remotely as well.

1] Races from the equator are vinegar based diets with fresh fruits and non-complex sugars.

2] Further -> away from the equator the northern races are starch based, rich complex sugars and in some cases refined.

3] The brain operates on sugar. Point!

4] Given the inherient size of one's pancreas and generations of eating and adapting to a cultural diet ...changing diet from one culture to the next can be adverse in some aspects of mental health.

5] Processed sugars, enzymes in the lower intestinal track, exercise, rest and stress [work etc] all play an important roll in the way we "MOOD" throughout our day.

6] The American Indian left just the grass from the belly of the Buffalo on the plains after killing it, using every part of the Buffalo to either eat or use. The American Indian is a classic example of a "pure" digestive system that was incapable of processing complex/refined sugars ...such as that found in alcohol ...which when drinking alcohol they became instantly addicted to ...like a drug ...because they could not process the sugars that hit their brains so ...readily.

7] Modern Man got rid of the Park Bench and Main Street where people in a town could relax and enjoy each other. They built malls and Walmarts.

8] People "in general" I find do NOT communicate with each other. They simply pass on information narrated in the same fashion it was acquired, ....though 1,099 hours a year average of watching TV.

9] Physical labor is found turning the leather steering wheel on your SUV while hunting for the nearest parking space to the front entrance of your local Walmart. Blood pressure is increased/decreased and pendant on distance you park from the front doors.

10] You exercise when you have time, which usually means when you fit in the time to exercise and not when your body is Necessarily ready to exercise.

11] Your brain gets hit by two indicators, tryptophan and serotonin. When these two hit the brain equally it cuts off over eating, stabilizes over-hunger, balances your weight, balances your meed salts and sugars and just about everything the body and mind needs to operate

...and if one HITS the brain in greater quanity then the other it ...induces sleep of hyperactivity and is called

...NOT eating a balanced diet.

end.

Desmo

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
excessa said:
I find iDesmo and Sonick cure depression quite readily.
...and a lot of us (myself included) find that YOU do, too. ;)

·
my dirt bike has slicks
7,323 Posts
Every time I read one of Desmo's long posts I end up with this look on my face not unlike the look on a dog's face when he's trying to figure out a VCR that just spit out a tape.

I didn't know about that ethnic food thing. It makes sense because different races are so susceptible to different dietary ailments. Like how japanese people can't become alcoholics and so many italians get the runs when they drink milk (hence the popularity of that awful Parmalat stuff). I'm confused as to how it would affect me though, being an Irish-Italian-Lithuanian-godonlyknowswhatelse mutt. Do you have any recs as to reading material on the subject? I wanna know what I'm supposed to be eating.

Regular exercise is good for the mind, not just because of the endorphins but because of the testosterone it releases. Looking better and being fitter boosts confidence. Testosterone is a growth hormone, so you rebuild the things that have been broken down. It also helps if the girl at the front desk at the gym is a total hottie that turns you into a stumbling mess of social awkwardness every time she comes near. Too bad she was such a compulsive liar.

Raw foods are also a great benefit. Raw fruits instead of snacks that come from a bag, natural yogurt, milk, water, etc. etc. And cut the alcohol, it boosts free estrogen and depresses the nervous system.

·
Fidel Cashflow
1,443 Posts
I was gonna chime in with something like what Desmo said, but the Reader's Digest version. . .

Are we talking about depression, like "I'm kinda bummed out", or DEPRESSION, straight-up clinical brain malfunction where you couldn't give a shit about anything?

If it's the former, run some laps, rape a clown, whatever.

The latter is pretty serious shit, and requires professional help. However, the docs usually load depressed patients up with a ton of zombie-making meds, frequently adding some shit they don't even need. One of the most common combinations is Wellbutrin XL with Zyprexa (an anti-psychotic).

For what it's worth, a good friend of mine went through the meds, and decided to do her own research on alternatives. A steady dose of St. John's Wort (a seratonin reuptake inhibitor) and 5HTP (a seratonin precursor) have her feeling beter than ever, and you can get both at your local WalMart for about $6.

Dammit, I wish I had gone to med school. . .

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
Thank you eviltwin. There are a lot of people here keeping me even more sane and happy than I probably deserve to be, all things considered.

·
Fidel Cashflow
1,443 Posts
I can't take full credit for it. . .but you CAN buy the t-shirt!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts