Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you do not like to hear bad things about Suzuki, stop reading and turn back now.

No, really.

If there is an uglier new bike lineup out there, someone show it to me!

We just got back from the 25th Annual International Motorcycle Show in Chicago (OK we actually just got back from Jeff Foxworthy, but we were at the motorcycle show first) and I definately was even less impressed wiht the new Suzuki's than I have been. Each year they get worse. And this year was the kicker. If something (God forbid) happens to my bike, I'm just gonna have to get a different brand!
I mean HUGE honking rear view mirrors with HUGE turn signas in them. The single headlight, which I've hated for a couple years now. And WTF did they do to the rear of the bike?? Oh my GOD is that ugly!! It used to have storage room, now it looks like it's been hit with an ugly stick. And the undertail exhaust is not something I have ever been a fan of. I saw nothing (except the color scheme) that I liked about those bikes.

My favorite brand has failed me ::cry

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I think they look better. :D

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
I don't care too much for the colors, myself. That light blue on the SV is just :barf

But hey, different strokes for different folks. :shrug

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I like the looks of the new Zuki's, It took a while for them to grow on me. But, I like them mirriors with the turn signals in them. I don't much care for the exhaust they are putting on them thou. :shrug

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the styling of them is OK, but what's up with the god-awful paint schemes? And they feel so "cheap" to sit on them, like they're going to break in half. Some serious cost cutting going on a the Zook factory I think...

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
I don't care for the paint schemes. As for the intergrated turn signals in the mirrors, well....that just means more money for a new mirror when I knock it off. . . . again :laughing

·
Back in the Saddle
578 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the 1k's looks, but it's purpose is to run your ass down on the track. I think it does that pretty well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, I have a RR600 myself but I definitely love the new Suzuki looks. The seat... well, lets leave the soft seating out of the comparison. I love my Honda seat! ar15's :ar15

The new Zuki's look awesome though, I ESPECIALLY love the integrated turn signals in the mirros and in the backseat. Very nice :clap

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I'm sure Suzuki engineers know what they are doing with the GSXR bikes, everything has a purpose. The turn signals in the mirrors is so that when you remove your mirrors for track days, the signals go right there with them. Your basically doing two things at once (removing mirrors, taping up/removing turn signals). 3 way adjustable footpegs, slipper clutch. The single headlight is for a narrower front to reduce drag but still keep the large ram air intakes. butterfly (flapper) valve in the exhaust, analog tach with gear indicator, shift light. I'm pretty sure this thing is gonna perform nicely on the track. Could the new Suzuki's be the best looking bikes out there? Maybe, maybe not. I just say buy the bike that you like the best and ride it in it's natural environment, then you will forget what it looks like.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Suzuki does not have an undertail exhaust, wtf are you talking about. I have an 05 1k and I like it. I do think the Yamaha's look better, but Suzuki owns the race track. It's there sales pitch and it's true. You can argue all you want, but they have more recent year road race chamionships than anyone. I am a racer so I will GLADLY give up a few pretty points for ass kicking points ANY day.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speedracer42 said:
Suzuki does not have an undertail exhaust, wtf are you talking about.
I might have mixed that with something else. I saw alot of ugly bikes on Saturday.

I am not a racer, I like my bike on the road. I have no track near me, nor desire to frequently travel to one. So power isn't a big thing to me. I have always been a Suzuki fan, and always like their bikes, all up until recently. And the 06's they were showing is the kicker for me to find a better looking brand.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I think the new gixxers are damn puuuuurdy. :drool

If you want trunk space get a TLR. Thats what I did.... lol
I tracked out my 01 750.

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
Kazz Gixxer 750 said:
I think the new gixxers are damn puuuuurdy. :drool
I just want those signal mirrors :clap

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I dont care for the Zuk's or Yami's. I think Kawasaki , Honda and Triumph have hit the nail on the head with the appearence and street performance. Honda's 1RR has been a favorite for a street bike in the liter class. The 636 is a nice little option too, and Triumph came out with a neat little option this year. I understand what their desined for, but we buy them to ride and look at them. So make the bike for the track and keep the street version capable of being ridden everyday, not just to buy to race.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i dont like the signal mirrors, even though they are a good concept, but...you can take them off and mount signals in your headlight. my mechanic did that to two of the new 1k's, looks sweet.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
They intergrated them for a reason: Each time a new rider buys those bikes and drops it, they make more money when they have to replace a mirror. More experienced riders shouldn't have to worry about that.

Another reason these bikes don't make good beginner bikes. :laughing

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I think this is the best body style since the 96-99 bikes.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Have you seen the new Kawasaki ZX-10 & ZX-14 ?

IMO, they've gotta be the most aggressively ugly bikes ever. They make your Suzukis look like sex.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts