Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is a repost. I think it's hysterical... and hopefully it won't piss my future hubby off to much!!! :laughing
---------------------------------------------------------------------

50 F (10 C) -- Californians shiver uncontrollably - Canadians plant their gardens

35 F (1.6 C) -- Italian Cars won't start - Canadians drive with the windows down

32 F ( 0 C) -- American water freezes - Canadian water gets thicker

0 F (-17.9 C) -- New York City landlords finally turn on the heat - Canadians have one more cookout

-60 F (-51 C) -- Mt. St. Helens freezes - Canadian Girl guides sell cookies door to door

-100 F (-73 C) -- Santa Claus abandons the north pole - Canadians pull down their ear flaps

-173 F (-114 C) -- Alcohol freezes - Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460 F (-273 C) -- Absolute zero; all atomic motion ceases. Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500 F (-295 C) -- Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

·
Ask me if I care ...
2,777 Posts
:laughing

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
:crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup

soooooo funny... sooooo true!

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,140 Posts

no prob darling, im a bruins fan ;)

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apocolypse said:

no prob darling, im a bruins fan ;)
OK, good!! I didn't know if the promise of espresso brownies would be enough to keep you in love with me if you were a Maple Leafs fan!!! :laughing

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
2uplvr said:
35 F (1.6 C) -- Italian Cars won't start - Canadians drive with the windows down
yup, somtimes when it is colder too.

2uplvr said:
0 F (-17.9 C) -- New York City landlords finally turn on the heat - Canadians have one more cookout
some never stop BBQing

2uplvr said:
-100 F (-73 C) -- Santa Claus abandons the north pole - Canadians pull down their ear flaps
I once went to the bar in that temp. I was too cheap at the time for a coat check, so I left my coat in the car, and ran to the bar in a tshirt.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
:crackup

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,140 Posts
Re: Re: THE OFFICIAL CANADIAN TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

karl_1052 said:

I once went to the bar in that temp. I was too cheap at the time for a coat check, so I left my coat in the car, and ran to the bar in a tshirt.
ive worked as high as 12 hours in that kinda cold :eek

trust me, even canadians are rubbing their nipples to get warm at that temp....

good think we had whiskey to drink all the time... :laughing :shake

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
I rode home last nite, and it was about 27 deg F, and this morning was doing some errands in the car, had the window rolled down so the rottie could stick her head out...about 40 or though, its cold but we get lots of sunny winter days here!

I love the cold weather, the only thing that bothers me is the sand on the roads....:(

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
the only thing that bothers me is the sand on the roads....:(
salt. :(

that's what they use here. :(:(

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
I rode home last nite, and it was about 27 deg F, and this morning was doing some errands in the car, had the window rolled down so the rottie could stick her head out...about 40 or though, its cold but we get lots of sunny winter days here!

I love the cold weather, the only thing that bothers me is the sand on the roads....:(
it is better than the snow/ice/salt coctail we got.

I won't even see the pavement on my street again until prolly march. Until then it is permanent snow/ice.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
:crackup

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

·
Registered
16,959 Posts
There was one or Wyoming with even more entries....even funnier.

I forget the temperature, but one said, "Floridians cease to exist." :laughing

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
2uplvr said:
Don't know if this is a repost. I think it's hysterical... and hopefully it won't piss my future hubby off to much!!! :laughing
---------------------------------------------------------------------

-460 F (-273 C) -- Absolute zero; all atomic motion ceases. Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500 F (-295 C) -- Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup
:laughing :shake :laughing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts