Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah! With the snow fall coming to the area over the next few days, Matt "McRae" Sargent in the Audi A4 Quattro will be in full rally mode! :laughing

Attachments

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
sargent said:
Yeah! With the snow fall coming to the area over the next few days, Matt "McRae" Sargent in the Audi A4 Quattro will be in full rally mode! :laughing
Screw you! We got 12-14 inches between sat night and sunday! Michigan City got over 24 inches. They closed the Interstate AND the Toll Road. Christina and I took the truck out in the middle of a snowstorm that most people wouldn't even touch! We enjoyed some breakfast at the Chili bowl, and went to do some shopping at Wal-Mart. Both places were pretty much dead. I got snowpants, and Christina got some snow shoes. And good thing too. My friend and I spent the rest of the afternoon hauling around a snowblower in the truck doing driveways. Then most of the night making money doing driveways. Route 30 was shut down due to an accident, and Lincolnway was closed because a semi couldn't make it up the hill. Oh yeah, we also took the truck out for some donuts and 4-wheel drifting action!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: Re: The Rally de Bloomington is set to begin!

Cruizer said:Christina and I took the truck out in the middle of a snowstorm that most people wouldn't even touch!
they didn't make it illegal to be out??? I remember one time a couple years ago, Ball State closed for the day (yet I still drove out there thinking we had class :rant) but it was illegal to be on the roads then, and i didnt think it was bad at all.

-dc

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
We were in a state of emergency, but it wasn't illegal as far as I know. But if it is illegal to be out, all you need is an orange flashing light on top of the car, and you'll be left alone.

Quite a few years back we had a nasty blizzard. They said it was illegal for people to be out on the roads. I grabbed my orange flashy roof light, and my friend brian picked me up. There were 4 guys and one girl in a Red Oldmosbile Trefeo cruizing around with an orange blinking light. And the cops never pulled us over.

·
A**hole
1,276 Posts
Here's a write-up from Team Geist Jaguar (pronounced "jag-u-air" by our brothers across the pond): "We did some preliminary testing in South Bend sunday morning and can assure you the AWD X-Type will drift with the best of them. Testing yesterday yielded a minor setback as the car lost grip on the ice as it left the 'staging area' (driveway) and regained it right before narrowly missing a tree in the neighbor's yard as the skilled driver masterfully steered around it and over the sidewalk before re-entering the ice covered 'course'........"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts