Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok theres been some chatter about a Sunday ride if the weather permits. Who's in? Post up and we can set something up. I am in. Anyone want to take routage responsibilities? I can certainly set something up over this way. Maybe a Hot Springs type run for starters?

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
:thumb

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Weathers callin for afternoon showers (but they called for rain yesterday too and not a drop fell) BUT warm so Im gonna give it a go anyway. Sig I just talked to Scottb and he will set this thing up today here on the forum as I am going skiing this afternoon after my boys basketball game since my services arent needed with Clays move. Call me on my cell 828-712-4322 if ya need to.

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr Falco ya havent sampled our beloved Hot Springs loop yet huh? It aint boring I assure ya!

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
I'm probably riding, but I'm gonna stick a little closer to home - probably do 18/181/221 or somesuch (w Sig?) so I/we don't have to do a fridgid/wet long ride home. I know - I'm a wuss.... :shrug

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
kerry_129 said:
I'm probably riding, but I'm gonna stick a little closer to home - probably do 18/181/221 or somesuch (w Sig?) so I/we don't have to do a fridgid/wet long ride home. I know - I'm a wuss.... :shrug
That's cool. What time do you think you'll be at the bottom of 181?

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
221 will still be a little damp tomorrow morning, SV is damp. Still some ice/snow up around Blowing Rock, but the roads are clean from what ive seen. Still calling for rain tomorrow. It DID rain this morning..............take my word for it IT DID:rant

Brent unless you have some tires on that bike, your best to sit another ride out until you do. Them tires are already racing slicks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yeah, I rode a little today and every corner that's shady is soaking wet where the road has sweated. We'll need to keep this in mind if we do ride.

·
Registered
148 Posts
TLstreak said:
Yeah I rode a little today too:nanana 400 miles worf
Me too, but we only did 300 miles worth. Went up Old 18, 126, 221, 226A, BRP, 221 to Blowing Rock and then 321 back. Wet roads anywhere there was shade and lots of sand and salt.

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Just got in & made our plan.
Hey Scott,
Looks like Sig & I are going to try & make it to your place by 10:30~11 so he can grab his helmet (assuming you're going leave from there around that time).

I guess we'll see the rest of youse guys at the SS around noon. :D

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will also meet yall at Scotts house around 1030ish. TL thanks for the parental advise but I have inspected the tires and can easily get another half day ride or so out of them.;)

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I HATE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!:nanana

1 - 20 of 59 Posts