Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enormous Member
85 Posts
At least there'll be someone out there on a Duc who's not a completely whiny bitch. I'm not a Hayden fan, but you couldn't do worse than friggin' "Opie" Stoner.

·
Like tamater, just without the ta.
347 Posts
that's a nice bike....:thumb
hopefully he'll do better, but Dani did really good on the honda. So one of two things the top guys have the better version of the bike, or it's all about the rider.

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
I think when Casey hurt his wrist, he really hurt it. It's hard to develop new muscle memory for such a fast reflex sport, the natural urge is to rely on the muscle memory retaind pre-injury, which ends up causing issues with focal pain, loss of agility, and mobility.

quickness of the hands is crucial and a physical "hang up" that you have to overcome at critical moments pulls your head out fo the game.

I suspect he needs to retrain his hand and wrist to move along the new path the injury created and redevelop his dexterity. I see a lot of people struggle to power through the mobility loss caused by an injury, and they usually have a hard time. the ones who retrain, and practice to "work it the way it works now" have the best success.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I hope he does well too. I liked how he was more aggressive and actually fought back during the last 2 races. It's time to go all out and win a few races, and podium consistently.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive been cheerin for Nicky since he got to GP and imo indy was proof that hes a top rider when its rider against rider rather then a HP race a healthy Nicky on a team that cares about giving him a good bike should be fun to watch...The racing to watch this year is SBK since AMA seems to be heading for the crapper and GP has been alittle boring the last few years...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts