Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great Song with a Great Message I thought regarding Life. This is Number 1 this week on the Country Chart by Kenny Chesney.

This reminds me of a situation when I was still in ministry. I had a Senior High Schooler come up to me one day who was absolutely devastated because he got his girlfriend, who was also still in high school at the time, pregnant. He thought his life was over because of what happened. Well, they kept the baby and I still pray today for them. Thought it was a nice message as I pray for all of our young people who sometimes get caught up in situations like this.

THERE GOES MY LIFE
- Kenny Chesney

All he could think about was
how I'm too young for this
I've got my whole life ahead
hell I'm just a kid myself
how am I gonna raise one
all he could see were his dreams
going up in smoke
so much for ditching this town
hangin out on the coast
oh well...those plans are long gone

and he said
there goes my life
there goes my future
my everything
might as well kiss it all goodbye
there goes my life

couple years of up all night
and a few thousand diapers later
that mistake he thought he made
covers up the refrigerator
oh yea..he loves that little girl
mommas waiting to tuck her in
as she fumbles up those stairs
she smiles back at him
dragging that teddy bear
sleep tight
blue eyes and bouncing curls

he smiles
there goes my life
there goes my future
my everything
I love you daddy goodnight
there goes my life

she had that honda loaded down
with abercrombie clothes
15 pairs of shoes
and his american express
he checked the oil
slammed the hood
said youre good to go
she hugged them both
and headed off to the west coast

and he cried
there goes my life
there goes my future
my everything
I love you
baby goodbye

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Incidentally, two years ago today, I left full-time active ministry in the Catholic Church so I guess as I heard that song on the radio, it kinda left me reminiscing on some of the real blessed moments I had during my years of church service and being there, especially for the youth.

(Of course, I've moved on and look forward to the many blessings that are yet to come out on the West Coast!) ;)

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darin, one I arrive in Oregon, I have a feeling you and I are gonna get along just fine with our great love for Country Music! ;) Oh, and Congrats on the new ride!!! Saw the pics in the Washington Forum! :D

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
JayMan said:
Darin, one I arrive in Oregon, I have a feeling you and I are gonna get along just fine with our great love for Country Music! ;) Oh, and Congrats on the new ride!!! Saw the pics in the Washington Forum! :D
:thumb

:)

Cacklewack was up at my place on Saturday - once you get settled we'll have a swinging shin-dig to celebrate your arrival :D

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dmp said:
Cacklewack was up at my place on Saturday - once you get settled we'll have a swinging shin-dig to celebrate your arrival :D
I heard you had a visitor and you survived the Lima Bean Monster's fury, Way To Go! I'm looking forward to our fun times! Country Music for all! ;)

BTW, Cacklewack is slowly becoming our resident CMR Celebrity. I've heard through the grapevine the he and Charles (MoreRoadRacing) are getting together later this week. And He and Yours Truly will have an unforgettable encounter I'm sure on January 13th-17th in Oregon!

I wonder how much he charges for Autographs or Photo-Ops??? :laughing

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
JayMan said:
I heard you had a visitor and you survived the Lima Bean Monster's fury, Way To Go! I'm looking forward to our fun times! Country Music for all! ;)

BTW, Cacklewack is slowly becoming our resident CMR Celebrity. I've heard through the grapevine the he and Charles (MoreRoadRacing) are getting together later this week. And He and Yours Truly will have an unforgettable encounter I'm sure on January 13th-17th in Oregon!

I wonder how much he charges for Autographs or Photo-Ops??? :laughing
:)

This photo was free!

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

:D

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop

Uh, Cackle, you wanna explain this little pic for all of us??? :eek :eek :eek

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
The bottles were green. He couldn't help it!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts