Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck is going on in NSR with all this hate and discontent?

I am hoping that we, as a group can find our way through the bizzare polotics that we have going on here.

I hope Travis, Derek, Cary...you will allow this thread to breath.
We have some rather significant issues and undertow going on here, and we all need to talk about it.

There are a lot of angry members about how things are being run in NSR, and there is too much inconsistancy and "attitude" going on.

I have been a significant and contributing member here, so Im hoping that we can walk through this issue and all come to terms with the morale and distrust here.

We are loosing people for no other reason than unstable inconsistant rules and regulations that seem to apply to some and not to others.

People know here that if you upset the Mods....yuor going to get banned. Now, Im saying this outloud, because we are all involved as a group, and we need to heal this problem

I would hope that we can have a group related discussion about whats going on and work out some solutions....

I want the Mods to generate some stability here, not a tyranical response to a difficult situation. We neeed to fix this. Together.

Hear me guys...dont react...hear me.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Everyone smoke a joint I guess, and relax, I heard you can find it quite easily up here being so close to BC :p

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
screw egos....we need each other. Travis, Cary, Derek have a lot to be responsible for being Mods...and I for one wouldnt want the job....so I feel a certain need to support them...on the other hand...its a symbiotic relationship...if they keep trashing people, they wont have anyone to Mod.

We need to cut them some slack, and they need to realize how important respect is effected when they respond out of personal reaction versus the greater good.

I dont want this to turn into a pissy thread...I just want everything out in the open, so everyone knows whats happening, and we can reorganize our issues, and be whole again in time for the riding season...I dont want people feeling awkward about being at events, coming to BBqs and rides...I want everyone from mods on down to ride together this summer.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Tact, I think you might have bought yourself a one way ticket to banned camp.

j/k I haven't been around that long, but I can see what you are saying.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If Im banned for this, then it will prove my point. Im not badmouthing, its got a group value to it....and Im not going to walk away from this group...it means too much to me.

I have to at least be the leader I am, step up and discuss this stuff out loud...becuase there are too many people angry and not sure what to say...I have a repsonsibility to this group to try and help.

Travis, Derek, Cary....Im sure your not thrilled about the topic, but things are getting beyond repair...and we need some damage control here, including riegning in your "flexing"

this isnt about "Mod" bashing...this is ABOUT PUTTING THIS GROUP BACK TOGETHER

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Tim, you're too good of a man for your own good.

Send me to banned camp or wherever you want egos are bigger than the internet and you can't change a personality. Who gives a flying fuck who posts what. Sure you can argue about shit because someone hits a nerve but to ban someone or to shut topics down takes more energy than to just not fucking reply!

I still think it's funny that LauraLynne got bitchslapped for only repeating something that was heard.

·
***Site Owner***
2,812 Posts
Tact I can agree with you but there is way too much ego going on and people in power with little big mans syndrome! Kinda seems like anyone not in agreement with them is basically on deck to be banned if the fart or say one wrong thing! I usually dont chime in much but its to bad things are headed the way they are! 98 percent of the people I have met on these boards are very cool in real life but everyone I have talked to away from the boards say they are pretty hesotant to say anything because they could be banned for any apparent reason! I will probably be banned for this and its just an expression of opinion but I know at least 2 of the mods dont really like me!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Where have I seen all this before? Oh yeah. Years ago I was a moderator / co-owner of a chat room with a core of 50 - 60 members. Talk about personalities, issues, and rancor, we had it all. But we had good times, too.

I've pretty much stayed quiet on the round of discussions about reducing the crap posts.

But I gotta say I do appreciate it; I'm really tired of all the drive-by post whoring, distracting posts, 3 AM "I'm drunk Haw Haw!" posts, and all that crap.

I may have misinterpreted the recent situation so forgive me if I'm wrong: seems like a few people have started posting ridiculous "I'm naked and this is a worthless thread!" crap, gotten their nose smacked with a rolled-up newspaper, and now lots of people are in a tizzy and a few have been banned.

(Edit: LauraLynne got banned too? Hmm... I haven't bothered finding out where the list of banned members is (any member could view it in my old room) Okay, there's more going on here than just crap posts. I was surprised at how quickly that flame grew so hot when Laura commented about the wheelie thing).

Too bad. The mods are mercilessly enforcing the rules now. More power to 'em.

Although I gotta say maybe "The Rules" needs to be a sticky at the top. I know NSR has a little more leeway than the general parts of CF, but what, exactly these rules are doesn't seem to be thorougly known by all.

I eventually gave up my chat room, the fights, mass bannings, mass exoduses (exodii?) and so on just dragged me down. It finally stopped being fun. But it was a hell of a ride!

·
I'm a Krazy SQUID!
3,972 Posts
Mr. Clean said:
Send me to banned camp or wherever you want egos are bigger than the internet and you can't change a personality. Who gives a flying fuck who posts what. Sure you can argue about shit because someone hits a nerve but to ban someone or to shut topics down takes more energy than to just not fucking reply!

I still think it's funny that LauraLynne got bitchslapped for only repeating something that was heard.
+1

I'd understand a little more if it WAS an invite only forum, but hey...I found this place by searching the net...and I didn't have to be approved to get in...so why can't we all be who we are and if you see something you don't agree with, fine, don't take it personal, move on, read the next. It makes it very hard to have a forum where you have to watch your tongue so much that you end up not saying anything at all. That's not what a forum is about. And how can we really know one another if we can't even be ourselves with our friends on a teeny corner of the web (nsr)?

just my 2 cents. (please don't ban me for speaking my mind)

:showtime

·
Registered
214 Posts
Krazy8z said:
+1

I'd understand a little more if it WAS an invite only forum, but hey...I found this place by searching the net...and I didn't have to be approved to get in...so why can't we all be who we are and if you see something you don't agree with, fine, don't take it personal, move on, read the next. It makes it very hard to have a forum where you have to watch your tongue so much that you end up not saying anything at all. That's not what a forum is about. And how can we really know one another if we can't even be ourselves with our friends on a teeny corner of the web (nsr)?

just my 2 cents. (please don't ban me for speaking my mind)

:showtime
+1

·
the fruit of my loins
6,518 Posts
it gets like this every winter, NSR PMS time is here again

it starts with the "its too cold" posts and goes downhill from there till spring

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
To my knowlege, there are only a few forum members that are upset with the more strict rules. We've lost a lot more members over the last couple of years due to the fact that the rules were so much more lenient. We're trying to make this forum a better place for the majority, not a place where a minority come to stir up drama or post out of pure boredom.

Tim, I'm sorry that you feel that you were treated unjustly. From my perspective, the rules have been very clear and repeated multiple times. At this point, I assume that everyone that reads this forum on even a semi-regular basis is familiar with them.

There are no hard-and-fast "gustapo" [sic] rules. All we're really trying to do is cut down on the noise. If you don't have anything to say, don't post. If someone leaves themselves logged in on a computer, don't post under their account. Don't tell people that they have a PM unless their PM box is full and you were unable to send it. Stop leghumping. Random humor, off-topic conversation, pictures, video, etc. are all perfectly fine.

No-one has been banned for egotistical reasons. You may notice that there are three moderators. If anyone gets a banning or any other form of discipline (including many of the stern PM's that have been sent prior to harsher action), it's because all three moderators agreed on it before hand. A tribunal is a globally-accepted form of authority and that's exactly what you have.

I'll repeat something I've said before because it's still true: I'm tired of this. I'm tired of feeling like I have to be the adult watching the children all the time. I'm tired of being the boss at work and then having to come home and be the boss here too. I'm tired of putting effort into trying to do something good for myself and all of you by making this a forum where people enjoy coming. I'm starting to question why I care at all.

Everyone is always open to disagree with or question the moderators and the rules. There's nothing wrong with questioning authority in general. In fact, I encourage it, even among my employees. I just expect everyone to do it in a mature manner and not resort to childish tantrums.

If the majority of people agree that they don't approve of the way the forum is being moderated, feel free to speak now. I'm about a half-step away from closing the IE window forever anyway, so don't feel like you need to spare my feelings.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Bottom line is the forum is not fun anymore. Quite a few of the members don't even come here anymore b/c it is so riddled with post-whoring and crap. The occassional one is funny but jesus, I went to NC for 9 days and came back to 19 pages of posts (25 posts per page). That's ridiculous.

You can't even have a serious discussion anymore without someone make a dumb comment in it (and no, it was not always like that when I first came into this forum).

We are all guilty of doing the stupid worthless posts, but it spiraled out of control and now mods are yanking it back into control. If you can't handle it...leave! No one is forcing you to stay in here. Hell, and shit, if you want anything to be seen on the first page for longer than 20 mins it has to be stickied or it will be on page 2 of the posts. :shake

Some people's only contribution was to stir shit. We don't need that either!

Whether or not this forum is invite only has nothing to do with it. It's private which its at the Moderators descretion what they want to do. If they tell you something and you big a dick/bitch to them...they'll ban ya. I don't have a problem with that. Just b/c its the internet doesn't mean you are entitled to shit. Behave or be banned.

I'm glad that Cary, Travis, and Derek are doing this...maybe this place will return to the way it used to and some of our quality members will return. :thumb

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
Tacticalsolutions said:
What the heck is going on in NSR with all this hate and discontent?
I dunno. I've never had a problem with anyone on here. If someone bothers me, I don't go off and post threads in other forums about them. I forget about it and move on.

Tacticalsolutions said:
People know here that if you upset the Mods....yuor going to get banned.
If you mean cause problems/talk shit/stir shit then yeah, you're gonna get banned.

It's all about promoting the fellowship of the forum. Some people are here to do that while others seem to be only here to talk shit about someone or complain about things. Sure, you can bitch but after awhile it gets annoying... And if they wanna do is bitch, maybe it's good that they are banned?

Tacticalsolutions said:
I want the Mods to generate some stability here, not a tyranical response to a difficult situation. We neeed to fix this. Together.
Personally, I agree with the majority of the changes that the mods have made in this forum. The amount of useless drivel that was running rampant on this forum was annoying. People posting stupid threads, people turning a thread into a friggin' humping session, and other assorted retardness. The mods asked for this to stop and things have become much better...

Basically the Wa. Forum has turned into a bitch session. It was entertaining earlier but now it's retarded. It's the same people bitching a year ago as it is today. Why get involved in something if you truly don't like it? I don't understand...

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
good to speak your mind Tac and get it out in the open.

maybe a list of all that have been banned from NSR and for WHAT reason would be a good place to start.

Get it out into open

use it as an example of what they did versus the rules of NSR = banned

I should hope that a moderator of any forum could evaluate a post-comment, compare it to the rules and make a decision without emotions being involved.

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
Krazy8z said:
(please don't ban me for speaking my mind)

I personally see this as one of the more thought about statements over the last few weeks. I have sat back and watched things happen for the last month or so with out a single post until tonight. A lot of the members here aren't posting because of the exact statement you said "fear of being banned" and why is that? A once happy place has turn to a into hitlers layer

·
Deer in headlights
10,608 Posts
Gage151 said:
wish I was a mod.. I would ban everybody and give them a reason to live outside the forums...
:confused there's life outside??

Thats my contribution...sorry, I dont have much to say tonight :nanana

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
briF4i said:
I personally see this as one of the more thought about statements over the last few weeks. I have sat back and watched things happen for the last month or so with out a single post until tonight. A lot of the members here aren't posting because of the exact statement you said "fear of being banned" and why is that? A once happy place has turn to a into hitlers layer
Are you serious? People are seriously afraid of posting what's on their mind because they might get banned?

Can you give me an example of this happening?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts