Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Squid on an R1
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal, I keep my bikes in a shed out back of my house. I have 2 padlocks and a latch lock on the outside , and a cable lock thru the rear wheel and swingarm , a disc lock on the fron and also the steering lock...so it will hopefully be hard to steal?
I always put the 2 padlocks on a certainway, one facing to the right and the other facing down. I went to get my bike out yesterday morning and the top lock was moved to a different position, so the first thing that came to my mind was someone was messing with it, i asked all my family members if they had been around my shed and the all said no, so last night i picked up a little dirt and sprinkled it on my ramp going into the shed and i also pulled my truck about 3 feet away from the door ...so if someone did get in it would me almost impossible to get the bike out. I go out this morning and guess what , the dirt i sprinkled on my ramp was all messed up , like someone had been moving their feet around infrom of my shed......Im so pissed i know someone is scoping out my bike. I talked to a local cop and he said he will let everone know and have them hit my yard with the spotlight whenever they drive by at night , but i still feel scared that i will walk out and my bike will be gone.....i know i wont get any sleep tonight....im wondering if maby they are scoping it out then come back on the weekend? this is just stressing me out a little and wanted to share it with you guy( my online family:D )

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Sounds like a good time to set someone up. Sit in the window and wait for them, then when they show up, cock the shotgun and put a shell in the air. Ill guarntee they wont come back.:ar15

*****:confused

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Actually, you'd better put it in the ground. What goes up must come down ;)

But I agree, two nights in a row...it's time to set something up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yep, nothing like the sound of a pump shotgun..to scare someone off..........for good:laughing

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm with the rest of the guys. The first time w/ locks could have just been coincidence but 2 days in a row is a little wierd. I would definetly set something up, maybe some kind of trap so you can catch them and turn'em in... Good luck dude!

:mad: thiefs :doublefli

·
Moderator,
3,129 Posts
Before you go shooting things off, make sure that it isn't some small animal trying to find some cover for the evening or anything..

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Sounds like time to camp out!

·
Registered
904 Posts
If you aren't going to be able to sleep then I would definitely recommend a stake out to catch them... let the cops know you are so they are prepared for the call... that way this person won't make it to steel another bike not just yours.

·
Forum Administrator,
5,742 Posts
Stake out time!:ar15
BTW, if you do catch them, make sure you lay a good beat'n on them before the cops come.:toothy

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
***** said:
Sounds like a good time to set someone up. Sit in the window and wait for them, then when they show up, cock the shotgun and put a shell in the air. Ill guarntee they wont come back.:ar15

This is OH SO BAD of an idea. If you do this, that person could very easily file aggravated assault charges against you.. you are in essence threatening their life with a weapon. EVEN IF they are there to steal your bike or play tiddlywinks with your locks and scuff their feet in your driveway dirt.

Stake out, Yes. Confront them, YES. But only pull a weapon on them if they do so first, or if you feel your life (or that of a loved one) is in serious jeopardy. :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
***** said:

Forget putting it in the air or the ground, how about their head!

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Sleep in the shed with a shot gun or you can borrow one of my pit bulls and if it gets worse my Uncle in Florida owns a Gator Farm one phone call and your thief will become a snack :D

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
timy said:
Sleep in the shed with a shot gun or you can borrow one of my pit bulls and if it gets worse my Uncle in Florida owns a Gator Farm one phone call and your thief will become a snack :D
LOL you guys crack me up. Put one in his head...lol Keep us posted on how it goes...If you were closer Id help you stake him out..

***** :confused

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
man I hate a thief

If it was me, and I always worry....Id show the wife my routine, then have her do it to make sure she got it right, then id have her lock me in for the night! (with the gun)

I sleep with a loaded weapon ever since I had a next door neighbor with a bike and we were getting scoped, there were a few times we both came out with guns.

Good idea about the dirt, I do a small piece of tape on door frames. also might want to maybe get some double sided tape and place a few pieces here and there. try to catch a foot print or if they touch the lock a finger print.

My boxer and cocker spaniel sleep with my bikesl the boxer barks loud and gets their attention and the little cocker spaniel they ignore is an ankle bite'n fool with someone he doesnt know. Plus I have monitors setup so I can hear movment..............ok so im parnoid all the time. comes with the Job

·
Tatters in the Tree House
4,796 Posts
TLstreak said:
man I hate a thief

My boxer and cocker spaniel sleep with my bikesl the boxer barks loud and gets their attention and the little cocker spaniel they ignore is an ankle bite'n fool with someone he doesnt know. Plus I have monitors setup so I can hear movment..............ok so im parnoid all the time. comes with the Job
I'm with you about hating thief's but you may want to watch the dog thing. If someone does break in and your dogs attack him he can sue the living shit out of you and win. Dogs are considered traps and it's illeagal to set traps even though that person is stealing from you.

Best thing to do is just sit and wait. Like someone else said confront the person if you see him but don't come out shooting in the ground or the air. You could get screwed. I'm not saying don't go out there with out anything but don't pull anything unless they do first. If they do then it's fair game, drop his ass!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
totenkinder said:
This is OH SO BAD of an idea. If you do this, that person could very easily file aggravated assault charges against you.. you are in essence threatening their life with a weapon. EVEN IF they are there to steal your bike or play tiddlywinks with your locks and scuff their feet in your driveway dirt.

Stake out, Yes. Confront them, YES. But only pull a weapon on them if they do so first, or if you feel your life (or that of a loved one) is in serious jeopardy. :eek:
Well, that does depend a bit on where you live. In Texas, you are allowed to use force to protect your property after dark. Damn, I miss my home state...

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts
where do you live??

where are you living man COMPTON!!:p

i suggest buying some hand cuffs and a shotgun, set them up then cuff them, then here is where it gets fun, tie them down to a chair, then get your garden hose and duct tape it to the intruders mouth adn turn the water on real low pressure, to where he can swallow it to keep the shit from coming out of his ears;) now watch him keep swallowing for an hour till he just passes out and exlodes, that outta take care of your problem:ar15

"ok i'm just kidd'n":toothy

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
I posted once on SBN I think it was, about someone's car getting broke into
Well me GF had a simmilar problem at her complex, cars getting broken into and locked areas being scoped. So I sat in my burban (%5 tinted window and a dark blue color) as soon as they came arround and started breaking into shit I nabbed he punks, they turned out to be kids, but I had a paintball gun and BB gun on me so if I was in danger and paintball to the throat woudl ruin your day and so would a BB to the neck and I am a damn goo shit, I say a good paint ball gun, if you catch someone yell, nail him in the leg and let the cops find him if he can still run

Peace Out

1 - 20 of 51 Posts