Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a storm start last night and its still going. The snow stopped but the wind is bad and we lost our power around 2 today and they say we won't get it back until around midnight. :rant Sucks when its -10 outside and you have no power, with a 2.5 month old child. I miss my power. :rant

I did make the best of it. Last night and today my brother and I tore up the sub division on my quad. Power sliding through the turns was fun. :thumb It made my brothers day. :D

James

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jester27 said:
WOW, that does suck. How are you on the net:confused :confused
We took Jayden out to his grand parents house. I was shoveling and playing on the quad so I was warm but everybody in the house said it was getting really cold in there so we came out here to keep him warm.

James

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
We're getting hit here too. We just got back from up north visiting my parents when it started last night. The parking lot was empty then and now you cant really see some of the cars in it. The front door wouldnt open so I had to force the back one open at 4 so my GF could go to work. Now there's a truck here to clean it up but my GF has both sets of keys with her for some reason and I cant move the car. Luckily the wind blew most of the snow away from hers. My roomate on the other had is not so lucky. She's out there now trying to get her car out.

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What really sucks is we didn't have any snow two days ago. I few days ago it was warm enough to ride.

James

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
Yep. It was 14 and a little rainy here Thursday and Friday then it got cold for X-Mas and now this. Oh well at least the rain got rid of all the ice everywhere. Although it was fun to watch the Truckers try out thier ABS in the yard at work:laughing

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Baby Gorilla said:
:lol

That's what I was thinking....no power, but posting about not having power. :laughing
I'll do almost anything to get on CF. :D

James

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
yeah work was closed for me until my shift started (night shift) :rolleyes but I got paid double time and a half, got a free cab ride too and from since there was four feet of snow on my street so I had to walk to a main artery. We got free food (they ordered in because they wanted to thank us for coming in). My cab went off the road once but not in the ditch on the way to work and on the way back lost control and did a 180 on the road cause he was driving like an idiot. :rant :laughing

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Baby Gorilla said:
Except buy a snow blower from Honda. :p :nanana
:crackup :redflip Don't you have some banking to do? :redflip

James

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dannyfromnb said:
yeah work was closed for me until my shift started (night shift) :rolleyes but I got paid double time and a half, got a free cab ride too and from since there was four feet of snow on my street so I had to walk to a main artery. We got free food (they ordered in because they wanted to thank us for coming in). My cab went off the road once but not in the ditch on the way to work and on the way back lost control and did a 180 on the road cause he was driving like an idiot. :rant :laughing
So you almost died on the way to and from work but you got free stuff and paid extra. :thumb

James

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is me about and hour to an hour and a half into the storm the first night.

James

Attachments

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is my brother.

James

Attachments

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
belabacsi said:
I hope for your sake its not a sign of things to come! What was it, about 3 years ago that the Maritimes got pounded with snow up to the second floor of every house?
Sounds like just about every year to me:confused:laughing

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
belabacsi said:
I hope for your sake its not a sign of things to come! What was it, about 3 years ago that the Maritimes got pounded with snow up to the second floor of every house?
I think that was two years ago. It seems to be getting worse all the time. If we get it. We get it bad now.

James

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ASDGirl said:
You fuckers. Send some of that snow my way! :redflip
You can have every last flake. I'll send it tonight. COD. How much do you want? :D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I hope you get your power back soon! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.