Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Threaded, fully adjustable lowering links for GSXR's and possibly other models too

Here's a quick, safe, and easy way to adjust your bike to the EXACT height that you want.......be it for drag, track, or simply for those that are vertically challenged. Other non-threaded dog-bone type of links only offer a few predetermined settings, plus you probably will have to have the bike on a stand and some sort of jack underneath the bike so that it doesn't slam down when the bolt is adjusted. With this type of adjuster, you can even adjust the height while the bike is on its kick-stand. Simply turn the buckle evenly on both sides and voila, you're good to go.

In case you don't know how it works, it's very similar to many bikes that have this type of adjuster on the shift lever. One end of the dog bone has "normal" twist thread, and the other end has "reversed" twist thread. By turning the center, both ends will extend or contract accordingly.

May also fit other makes and models, depending on the bolt diameter.

$100 obo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
bolt hole diameter shows approx. 1/2 inch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
collapsed length shows approx. 6 1/2 inches from bolt center to center. In case you're wondering, the bike lowers as the dog bones get longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a LOT of frequent drag racers use these so that it's quicker to change back to street settings.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:bump

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2slow4u said:
what year do they fit and how much do they lower it
I'm not certain as to EXACTLY what year they fit, but I imagine they lower it quite a bit cuz a lot of drag racers use them to lower their bikes almost to the ground. You could measure your bike's bolt diameter and see if it'll fit. I'd imagine that the bolt size is in metric, so I can find out if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.