Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go take a ride the other day about 6:00 pm and my fiance' followed me in her car from her house to mine. We got about a mile down the road and the next thing i know is that there is a car in the middle of the road trying to back up to the stop sign to get out my way, which was a little late for him and me. I GRABBED the front break and slammed the back break as hard as i could. I was doing about 50 mph and had about 15-20 ft to stop. Well when i grabbed the front break my bike wobbled and i laid it over, which i think that was good on my part(so i wouldn't hit his small car and flip over). I landed on my knee (with jeans on) and took a nice chunk of meat off. Rolled over on my back and kicked the shit out of that car, so i wouldn't slide under and get stuck or break my legs to stop, since i was sliding so fast. Thank God i just bought a motorcycle jacket like 2 weeks ago. Other than the gash on my knee, I have a little bit of road rash on my hands and on my ankle(and now my ankle is swollen). I need to check and see if the frame is bent on my bike now(for insurance). The only things that happened to the bike that i noticed is that the right side plastics are scraped up really bad, the front right blinker, and the V&H exhaust pipe. Now I'm stuck at home because it hurts like hell to walk. I kinda feel bad for the older guy(age 65) because he seriously almost had a heart-attack. The only thing that happened to his car was a small dent that i kicked in to stop. My bike slid right in front of his car and almost hit a long line of traffic coming from the other direction.
I think I'm gonna wait 'til i move to Fl to buy a new bike and fix my bike too if the frame's not bent. I'll post up pics of my bike tomorrow. i don't think I'll put pics up of my knee though...its kinda gross lol.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dude i'm just glad you're not hurt too bad. Good thing you had that jacket. Unfortunately I had a similar experience with grabbing too much brake only I went over the bars. I think u may now want to consider what i'm doin and saving up for a pair of over pants and boots. Good thing for you and the bike the Kat is tought as hell and the steel fram doesnt bend nearly as easy as some newer bikes. And if I remember right the V&H pipe is only 270 bucks. Anyway heal up quick and let me know when u wanna ride.

·
(insert witty comment)
199 Posts
damn dude that sucks... Your the 3rd person I have heard about who went down this past weekend. Glad your doing ok. Go to the doctor if you haven't already. You really have to scrub the crap out of road rash to get all the crap out and then use allot disinfectant.

Get well soon... Post up some pics....

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Wow! Glad you aren't hurt more. I'd definately go get it checked out too. That needs to be cleaned well. You can probably do it yourself, but if there's one tiny particle left in and it starts to heal, it'll get infected and that's even worse than what it is now.

Hope ya heal up fast.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey...sorry i haven't replied to a thread i started yet. My mom passed away feb. 5th and just have been busy with funeral arrangements, bills, and the what not since i'm the one the gets all the stuff that she "lost". I won't be able to ride until the insurance company comes and looks at the bike and gives me some money to fix it. I went to my father-in-law to get my knee checked out and he said that it looks fine and to just keep it clean. I'll check back in later with ya'll, I gotta go. Later.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
My condolences. RIP :2pray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts