Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled for 70 in a 55 in August while driving the cage on the way to work. I was not paying attention, knowing that cops like this one spot. The officer was all business and I was extremely polite, but she said that she would see me in court. I got an adjournment so that I could talk to a few friends. I talked to a police sargeant who eats at my restaurant with his family and without even asking him for his help, he offered to get it "taken care of", even though I was sure that he would offer.

So I went to court last Thursday night. My officer wasn't there so I asked another cop what the deal was and we went up to the Judge. He said that I was supposed to be there last week and he was going to try and get the officer. While before him, I saw a yellow sticky on my ticket. I think that this was a note. He told me to sit back down. A half hour later, he turns to the clerk and asks if the officer had replied and the clerk said that she would try again. The Judge said don't bother and turned to me and said "Case Dismissed"

So now I still have my clean license! No higher insurance, woohoo!

Did I deserve a ticket? Yes I'm sure that I did. Did I use an unfair advantage? Of course, because here in NY if you get a moving violation it stays on your license for a couple of years and then the insurance companies fu*k you in the a55. If they had given me a non-moving violation with no insurance reprecussions, I would have gladly paid it as I was cought red-handed.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
Congrats!

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Good job cheffy. If good to have freinds in high places :D :thumb

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
You know even if you were convicted and had to pay, you just pay $5 more than the ticket, they send you $5 check in the mail...burn, it, shred it, whatever, do not cash or deposit it...as long as the balance between you too is not even they do not/can not send anything to the insurance company and your rates remain the same :redflip

Peace Out

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i wish i could have gotten out of my only speeding ticket, it was out of state and if i get another ticket within a year my license will be suspended b/c of some stupid under 21 graduate license program:mad

·
9,070 Posts
My friends got a warnig for doing over a 100 in a 45 zone
Now that'll piss you off :laughing :laughing

Peace Out

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
MAAH STUD said:
My friends got a warnig for doing over a 100 in a 45 zone
Now that'll piss you off :laughing :laughing

Peace Out
:mad arrrrgggghhhh i was doing 94 in a 70 he said he should be taking me to jail. I guess thats what i get for driving a mustang.

·
9,070 Posts
ZoomByU said:
:mad arrrrgggghhhh i was doing 94 in a 70 he said he should be taking me to jail. I guess thats what i get for driving a mustang.
Yea they did it on their bikes....I bet the woman who puled them over was just to lazy or tired to call for back up and tow their bikes and the whole nine yards
Lucky bastards

Peace Out

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Congrats on the ticket. Hopefully I will have the same good news to tell next month.

Tom

·
Registered
167 Posts
MAAH STUD said:
Yea they did it on their bikes....I bet the woman who puled them over was just to lazy or tired to call for back up and tow their bikes and the whole nine yards
Lucky bastards
She was probably just out looking for murderers and bankrobbers. :redflip

·
9,070 Posts
WhathaveIdone said:
She was probably just out looking for murderers and bankrobbers. :redflip
In the town of Dublin...I think their bigest arrest in the past 3 years was a few DUI's a break in and the biggest was arresting a guy who had two warrants in other states (unpaid child support) ad that made front page of their paper
Pretty lame

Peace Out

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
MAAH STUD said:
You know even if you were convicted and had to pay, you just pay $5 more than the ticket, they send you $5 check in the mail...burn, it, shred it, whatever, do not cash or deposit it...as long as the balance between you too is not even they do not/can not send anything to the insurance company and your rates remain the same :redflip

Peace Out
you must believe in the tooth fairy and unicorns as well.

This doesn't work. You are guilty and the information is sent when the judgement is declared, not when money is collected.:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts