Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i figure i might as well jump into the present day and get rid of my good ol motorola T720. I am sticking with verizon so it has to be a phone thats compatible with them. The phone worked just fine but there are some good deals out there right now so here are my questions:

I am looking at the LG VX7000

Ever used it? Any drawbacks with just a digital signal without analog? How are LG phones? Any other suggestions for around the same price range?

thanks for your input :D

Pics of the VX7000


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
i got a vx7000. pretty good phone. good amount of features, internet, text, all that crap. can play mp3's if you do some editing. best voice recognition ive seen on a cell.

only drawbacks i can think of are camera sucks with bad lighting, and only 4.5mb for whatever crap you download. and i guess its on the bigger side of phones out there, but i dont even notice it anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SiCC said:
i got a vx7000. pretty good phone. good amount of features, internet, text, all that crap. can play mp3's if you do some editing. best voice recognition ive seen on a cell.

only drawbacks i can think of are camera sucks with bad lighting, and only 4.5mb for whatever crap you download. and i guess its on the bigger side of phones out there, but i dont even notice it anymore.

thanks mang! and :welcome


oh and one other thing, i read some reviews and people say that the banner is not changeable and is stuck in red.
 

·
Terminally Adolescent
Joined
·
2,506 Posts
I like my lg as well. no complaints eccept for one. if you put in your pocket and the exterior button to change ring / manner is activated you wont have a clue. it turns off the ringer etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,094 Posts
Nokia makes the best quality phones out there...period. Everytime I've ventured away from Nokia, I've regretted it. Motorola, Ericcson, LG, etc. I've always been unhappy and went back to my Nokia's. I've abused and beat the living shit out of my Nokia's and without fail...they have worked. Dropped in the ocean twice...dried out...worked fine.

Nokia is the only way to go...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,907 Posts
I just got my Samsung A670....and that phone rocks! My wife had the LG 6100 ...and it was a POS! For some reason it kept dropping calls. Two of my wife's friends have the same problem, with the same phone. Not sure about the 7000 though. We went back to Verizon last week...and got her a 670 like mine. No problems now. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,868 Posts
LG SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the samsung a670 that mike reyna and polisheddiablo1 just got. the motorola t720 sucks too....the samsung is way better than the LG! If you get the Lg you will regret it..


polished had the same problem with the 6000 and 6100, mike reyna. now he has the samsung. he says he will never buy another brand of phone again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
get the motorola v3 razor that phone is the shizzy :leghump

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-v3-en.shtml

iVe always had motorola phones the best one was the v60i I had I had it for four years never once had a problem with it. I recently got a kyocera slider and am happy with it. it does everthing I need it to for the moment, I upgraded because verizon offered me free phones since I hadnt upgraded for four years. I wish now I had waited for the v3 and gotten that ont he upgrade oh well now I will get it out of pocket in a few months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rogue said:
get the motorola v3 razor that phone is the shizzy :leghump

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-v3-en.shtml

iVe always had motorola phones the best one was the v60i I had I had it for four years never once had a problem with it. I recently got a kyocera slider and am happy with it. it does everthing I need it to for the moment, I upgraded because verizon offered me free phones since I hadnt upgraded for four years. I wish now I had waited for the v3 and gotten that ont he upgrade oh well now I will get it out of pocket in a few months.
I've seen th V3 Razr but is it even out yet. It seems as though nobody is advertising for it online yet, of course i may just be looking in the wrong place.

Its kinda funny how all of us have had different experiences with different phones. For example I had a nokia a long time ago and i guess it worked ok, i just got tired of it. My T720 never dropped one single call and I've had it since pretty much the first day it came out. I think services also have a lot to do with the performance of the phone.

I am also looking at the samsung now as well. Thanks for your input peoples, keep it comin if ya like! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DISREGARD EVERYTHING!!!

I just found out that my 2 year contract is up in March and even with the deal keeping me with verizon and the same plan as well, they would still charge me their $175.00 early termination fee if I get a new phone which sucks ass!

Cool part is that once the 2 year contract is up, they are giving me a $100 rebate towards any phone and that is even if there is already a rebate involved, so theorhetically I could get some money (credit) from verizon if i wait to buy the new phone after the 2 years are up.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll keep all of them handy when I am out of the "yo ass is stuck with us" contract period! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,907 Posts
JohnnyMonsoon said:

Cool part is that once the 2 year contract is up, they are giving me a $100 rebate towards any phone and that is even if there is already a rebate involved, so theorhetically I could get some money (credit) from verizon if i wait to buy the new phone after the 2 years are up.



That's what we do every 2 years. Our new phones were free. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,313 Posts
When the V600 came out, I bought it as a non-contract phone. Paid full price, but it didn't really bother me. You never have to buy a phone and pay either an early term fee or any other BS they try to give you.

There's also eBay. I got my T720 from there, used it a few months until the v600 came out, then turned around and sold it back on eBay minus one of the chargers for more than I bought it for. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,868 Posts
JohnnyMonsoon said:
I've seen th V3 Razr but is it even out yet. It seems as though nobody is advertising for it online yet, of course i may just be looking in the wrong place.

Its kinda funny how all of us have had different experiences with different phones. For example I had a nokia a long time ago and i guess it worked ok, i just got tired of it. My T720 never dropped one single call and I've had it since pretty much the first day it came out. I think services also have a lot to do with the performance of the phone.

I am also looking at the samsung now as well. Thanks for your input peoples, keep it comin if ya like! :D
i have verizon and hated that phone always droped call even from day one... i think people posting on here are forgetting the fact that u have verizon and are staying with them..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
viper1158 said:
i have verizon and hated that phone always droped call even from day one... i think people posting on here are forgetting the fact that u have verizon and are staying with them..
its all good! You had problems with the 720? Isn't it weird how 2 different people might have the same exact phone and have completely opposite experiences... So now i just found out that i might not have to pay the early termination fee of $175. I'm calling verizon tomorrow and going to find out from them firsthand.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top